PDA

View Full Version : FS: Koni Adjustables! E34

weazman187
01-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Brand new, i just got them, scince i had a little problem finding the coilovers i was looking for to go with these i have to find another setup.

$600+shipping

obo i guess.

heres a pic

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/weazman187/Picture3682.jpg

ericcamaro
01-09-2007, 07:03 PM
you can get these for $560 shipped off ebay u know.

weazman187
01-09-2007, 07:12 PM
no im sorry, i didnt know

Jehu
01-10-2007, 01:22 AM
How do these compare to say Boge/Sachs? Aside from adjustability and what exactly can you adjust?Height? Firmness? Color?

weazman187
01-10-2007, 02:19 AM
no i dont know how they compare to those other shocks, and the firmness is adjustable.

BillionPa
01-10-2007, 02:32 AM
they are superior in damping performance, with the added adjustability... and they are yellow!

Paul in NZ
01-10-2007, 03:46 AM
can they be used with std mtech springs?

BillionPa
01-10-2007, 07:12 AM
yes. they are designed for springs that slightly lower the car and are designed for anti roll performance, such as mtech, eibach, and h&r, but should work even with stock springs.

Boom n Zoom
01-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Jeru and Paul,

Yes they will fit with MTech or after market springs, in fact they will fit up with Standard springs.
As for the Adjustment, it is for Rebound of the Shock Absorber, the compression is fixed and has firmer valving that anything standard.
Refer to the link for some set-up details that I found out when I fitted mine, along with some set-up information from Mr Project.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28413&highlight=Adjustable+Koni%27s

You cannot go wrong with these shocks or the Bilsteins for the simple fact that they are both rebuildable, whilst there would be a cost involved with the rebuild it would be significantly cheaper than buying new shocks.

Another advantage is that you could give the suspension shop some feedback on how you found the valving the first time around and you could get some changes made with regard to the valving to 'fine tune' the ride.

The biggest advantage of the Koni's over the Bilstein's is that you have an adjustment level (the rears are a bit of a pain to keep changing, ask me I know) but the front's you can reset to whatever level of firmness you would like for the driving that you will be doing. With a bit of thought you can 'tune' the rears (as I have done) to cover most situations and adjust the front's for 'spirited' or 'commute' best of both worlds with a compromise on the rears.

Have a read of the other thread it lists what I ended up with and yes it rides a little firm in the rear especially with less than a 1/4 of a tank of fuel, but even then on the freeway or winding highway, it sticks like the brown messy to the proverbial blanket.
Firm but you are getting feedback from the rear. This is my preferred setting as I can forgive the harshness that you sometimes get over a really bad road surface for the added feeling the rear suspension is giving me.

Hope you find the information useful.

Cheers!