PDA

View Full Version : " just when you thought your "laser" cut keys were secure"

shogun
12-27-2006, 02:27 AM
lock decoder, the good old tools are out.
See the video on the German 7-Forum
http://www.7-forum.com/forum/showthread.html?t=65678

632 Regal
12-27-2006, 02:39 AM
sure builds confidence.

Qube
12-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Sure, open the door, steal the junk. The only real use is lockout and surveillence. On a side note, I always wondered if you set the SAFE code, can you just rip out the OBC and go on your merry way lol...

scoop2004
12-27-2006, 09:40 AM
so what year did BMW start using keys like that? vauxhall have been using keys cut like that for a few years, but my E34 key isnt like that,is anyones?

and u cudnt start the engine with one of those cud u, just open the doors etc, is the immobiliser in 2004 BMWs a chip in the key or something?

Macv
12-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Interetesting. I don't leave any expensive items in my car :)

shogun
12-27-2006, 08:19 PM
so what year did BMW start using keys like that? vauxhall have been using keys cut like that for a few years, but my E34 key isnt like that,is anyones?

and u cudnt start the engine with one of those cud u, just open the doors etc, is the immobiliser in 2004 BMWs a chip in the key or something?

Do not misunderstand it, that is equipment for a locksmith or for emergency to open a car if someone has lost the key.
The question to start the engine on a newer model is another one.
There are data in the key.

But I assume a clever thief also has a computer program to solve this.
Also the other equipment shown there is for emeregency , but it shows how easy it is to open a car, and the special tools are even available online to buy.

In our cars in case the BC is set for DWA - what many people never do-, it cuts off the fuel pump, starter is still working, but no fuel.
It does not help to rip out the BC, as there is something in a secret place with a fuse.

icesoft
12-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Remember, 'Locks are only there to keep the honest people honest...'

If a theif wants what you have bad enough, he's going to find a way to get it.