PDA

View Full Version : the 530 chip is in!!!

632 Regal
04-20-2004, 01:20 PM
received the Turner chip today as promised so in 5 minutes I very carefully replaced the stock chip with the new mystery one. No waiting to get home this time!

Went for a casual cruise to warm the old 530 up, didn't notice the part throttle response that Marks chip had and the mileage doesnt seem to have went up either. Same amount of peddle required to get the thing moving so I was anxiously wondering if this was a blatant misuse of my economicaly challenged funds. My main concern was the transmission shifting problem and engine code lights that I had previously with Marks chip, none at all just like stock.

I glance down at the guage...warm. Turn around give her about half throttle, definite improvement! As I anxiously wait for the light to change I wonder if it's my imagination hoping for an improvement. Green means go so I flatten the peddle and notice that the power band has lowered about 1000 RPM's making it much better than stock! Once in the band it pulled with a definite increase, like I changed the rear gears or gutted about 500 pounds off the car.

After waiting 6 months I finally have a chip that puts a smile on my face like a kid at a carnival! Costed a bit more for the Turner chip but I feel that it was well spent after all.

Who can put a price on a kids smile?

:D :D :D :D

AllanS
04-20-2004, 04:30 PM
The Turner is a Conforti, correct?

Keith
04-20-2004, 05:24 PM
So it sounds like your happy Jeff and that's all that matters.
Tim S. has sent an extra chip he had, via UPS and I've been tracking it.
It reports that it will be here on the 23rd, Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm getting excited just talking about it!

Enjoy Jeff

Keith

632 Regal
04-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Turners chips are bragging to be programmed by Conforti, the only info they asked was the 404 refrence on the DME and if it was an automatic. They have it down to a science I guess.

There is no flat spot in this chip as I read about that on other chips (Dinan) which is what swayed my choice to the Turner. Next improvement I will do is replace the stock 3:15 rear with a 3:46 thanks to Martin in Bellview which should help the initial take off. Maybe a trans chip after that to increase the shift points to make up for the gear change.

The drive home from work was the second chance to test it out and again I had a big smile on my face as I revved through the gears. I will monitor the mileage issue throught the week and see if there is any improvement but I don't think there will be.

AllanS
04-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Rock on man. Limited slip?

632 Regal
04-21-2004, 10:42 AM
unlimited slip

TTyMiller
04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Jeff where can I get one. What was the overall hP increase if any.

cappy
04-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Jeff where can I get one. What was the overall hP increase if any.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/subcategory_detail.asp?subcat_id=74

632 Regal
04-26-2004, 07:46 PM
AVG MPG from 19.9 to 22.8 from the stocker chip after about 2 tanks so far. The 19.9 was averaged over a long time. Guess there is a benefit there too.

mholbrook
04-27-2004, 09:03 AM
If you disconnect your automatic transmission computer for about 10 minutes it will forget the lazy programming since it is adaptive and run ever stronger.

MBXB
04-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Doesn't disconnecting the battery effectively "reboot" everything?

If you disconnect your automatic transmission computer for about 10 minutes it will forget the lazy programming since it is adaptive and run ever stronger.

David
04-29-2004, 12:59 PM

How do you do this in a 94 530i?

mojoman
04-30-2004, 06:30 PM

Should you always do this when you change up to a performance chip?