PDA

View Full Version : San Diego E34 guys/gals... last minute meet this weekend?

TC535i
11-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be driving down to SD this weekend, see if I can't change a few things over from the 535i to the 540i (lights, trim, etc). Anybody want to get some pizza/beer?

94is
11-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Hey baby, you know I'm there. ;)

///Metal
11-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Sat or Sun?

TC535i
11-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Sat or Sun?

Fri/Sat would be better. Sun I'll be heading back up to LA.

Maybe dinner Sat, then if some of us want to head out afterwards, we have some options?

Gayle
11-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Is this going to be another 16 beers for Tim kind of deal?

I'll call Scott and see if he is in. We will see if he trys the lost my keys excuse again.

I recently saw someone new posting who is in SD. Has it in his sig. Can't remember who it was though. :-(

TC535i
11-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Is this going to be another 16 beers for Tim kind of deal?

Maybe, but I'll try to wait until the day OF the meet, instead of the night before like last time! :D

Gayle
11-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Fri/Sat would be better. Sun I'll be heading back up to LA.

Maybe dinner Sat, then if some of us want to head out afterwards, we have some options?

I have been giving some thought to the "head out afterwards" options. Pizza has to be at Pizza Port. The Shark Attack is calling me as we speak. Guess I will have to soothe the cravings with a Fat Tire from the frig.

The Belly Up would have been so convenient, but I just checked their website and Sat they are closed for a Christmas party. I am in a dive bar kind of mood. There is one in Point Loma/Loma Portal that I really like. Live music, sofas, cozy--perfect for this bitter cold 55 degree weather. But that is not geo convenient. And it doesn't meet your def of a dive bar Tim. They have beer on tap.

What are your ideas for "head out afterwards" options.

TC535i
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I have been giving some thought to the "head out afterwards" options. Pizza has to be at Pizza Port. The Shark Attack is calling me as we speak. Guess I will have to soothe the cravings with a Fat Tire from the frig.

The Belly Up would have been so convenient, but I just checked their website and Sat they are closed for a Christmas party. I am in a dive bar kind of mood. There is one in Point Loma/Loma Portal that I really like. Live music, sofas, cozy--perfect for this bitter cold 55 degree weather. But that is not geo convenient. And it doesn't meet your def of a dive bar Tim. They have beer on tap.

What are your ideas for "head out afterwards" options.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm up for anything from On Broadway to the Leucadian to Hamburger Mary's, and anything inbetween. I could do Point Loma... or if we want we could just walk up a couple feet to that bar right up from Pizza Port (Breakwater? I forget the name...), Saddle & Surf is right across the street as well. Really doesn't matter to me, as long as they keep the cold ones cold!

aston_jag_tech
11-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey everyone. Thanks for calling Gayle. Im down for whatever. I have been pretty busy the last few months. Ill keep in touch for the meet.
Late Just in case, -619-573-3250.

-Scott

TC535i
11-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Sweet... see you there, man

Gayle
11-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Doesn't matter to me. I'm up for anything from On Broadway to the Leucadian to Hamburger Mary's, and anything inbetween. I could do Point Loma... or if we want we could just walk up a couple feet to that bar right up from Pizza Port (Breakwater? I forget the name...), Saddle & Surf is right across the street as well. Really doesn't matter to me, as long as they keep the cold ones cold!

I am doing lots of work at home so I am in a lazy mood when it comes to going out. I would feel obligated to give myself a good detailing if we were going to On Broadway. Don't want to do that. Hamburger Mary's is really loud. But I hear the range that you are open to. Live music would be nice. Can you think of anyplace No Co coastal that does live music?

TC535i
11-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Not offhand... but I just had an AWESOME idea.

E34 meet at the new Stone Brewery campus. They're just finishing it up, and it's AWESOME. Nothing short of it.

Beautful architecture, gorgeous landscaping, and of course, awesome beer. Food is excellent in their restaurant, albeit a bit pricey.

Not sure if they're 100% finished yet, but we definitely need to do something there. A photoshoot would be SWEET... You guys would have to give me a chance to clean up the 540i tho. Get the wheels refinished, a good polish/wax on the car...

What do you think?

BFEINZIMER
11-27-2006, 09:33 PM
We should move it up a few miles something between SD and LA, I'm by Knotts thats why...where is everyone else residing at?

Gayle
11-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Not offhand... but I just had an AWESOME idea.

E34 meet at the new Stone Brewery campus. They're just finishing it up, and it's AWESOME. Nothing short of it.

Beautful architecture, gorgeous landscaping, and of course, awesome beer. Food is excellent in their restaurant, albeit a bit pricey.

Not sure if they're 100% finished yet, but we definitely need to do something there. A photoshoot would be SWEET... You guys would have to give me a chance to clean up the 540i tho. Get the wheels refinished, a good polish/wax on the car...

What do you think?

Perfect. An opportunity to wear my Arrogant Bastand "You are not worthy" tee shirt. I think are pretty much done. I was at their 10th Anniversery Charity event in Sept and the menu for the restuarant looked awesome. I wanted everything on the menu. You are right. That would be a great spot for a photoshoot. Except have you noticed that it is dark at 5pm now? We will have to start early.

Gayle
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
We should move it up a few miles something between SD and LA, I'm by Knotts thats why...where is everyone else residing at?

Every other person in LA comes to SD for the weekend. You can too.

TC535i
11-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Perfect. An opportunity to wear my Arrogant Bastand "You are not worthy" tee shirt. I think are pretty much done. I was at their 10th Anniversery Charity event in Sept and the menu for the restuarant looked awesome. I wanted everything on the menu. You are right. That would be a great spot for a photoshoot. Except have you noticed that it is dark at 5pm now? We will have to start early.

Yea, we were there a few weeks ago... girlfriend's buddy worked there for a bit. I was impressed, that back area is gonna look great when they're done. Hopefully they do some night events, because that would be amazing if it was lit right.

TC535i
11-27-2006, 11:01 PM

I came thru there yesterday. MAN was the 5 screwed up right there...!!

Vanguard
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Stone Brewery eh? I might have to find a way to do that. I was also at the 10th anniversary charity event. :D

Alexlind123
11-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Its too far for right now, but im thinking about coming to the meet in the spring.

Edit: I didnt think "big meet" was the best choice of words.

Jon K
11-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be driving down to SD this weekend, see if I can't change a few things over from the 535i to the 540i (lights, trim, etc). Anybody want to get some pizza/beer?

After the pizza party can we rent movies and snuggle?

Gayle
11-28-2006, 09:44 PM
After the pizza party can we rent movies and snuggle?

Great idea!

TC535i
11-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Friday nite is looking best for me. Sat I gotta do thermostat/housing/coolant flush and remove the wheels and take them to my wheel guy in El Cajon.

How that work for everybody else? Who's going, and where?

SC David
11-29-2006, 01:10 PM
I wanna see some pics, especially of the 540 with all the new parts and refinished wheels :)

94is
11-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Friday nite is looking best for me. Sat I gotta do thermostat/housing/coolant flush and remove the wheels and take them to my wheel guy in El Cajon.

How that work for everybody else? Who's going, and where?
Can I borrow one of your e34's? My busted-old 3-series' are dirty and slow. :(

Gayle
11-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Whatever is fine with me. I think making it Friday knocks out the photoshoot cause it will be dark before we can get there.

TC535i
11-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Whatever is fine with me. I think making it Friday knocks out the photoshoot cause it will be dark before we can get there.

Yeah. We don't have to do it now, maybe in a couple months or something. We'll plan ahead, get a bigger turnout, and I'll have time to get some stuff done on this car. :)

aston_jag_tech
11-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Whenever guys/girls. Having a new windscreen installed Friday hopefully, Monday at the latest.

TC535i
11-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Whenever guys/girls. Having a new windscreen installed Friday hopefully, Monday at the latest.

Lets do Friday nite so you can all see how messed up my wheels are, and appreciate how well they turn out!

This guy is seriously an artist...

aston_jag_tech
11-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Ok. Im good for it. Where are we going to meet up??

Gayle
11-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Let's go back to plan A. Pizza Port, Shark Attack, & whatever spontaneous choice later.

BFEINZIMER
11-30-2006, 05:33 PM
I might come down if this is on Saturday...so whats the finial plans?

Where
When

Jon K
11-30-2006, 05:34 PM
No one wants to cuddle/sleep over any more?

TC535i
11-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Is this Fri or Sat nite? I don't care either way, Sat may actually be better for timing since I'm gonna be doing work on my car Fri nite, may run late... but Sat I will already have dropped off the wheels.

Your guys call, I can plan around either.

aston_jag_tech
11-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Pizza Port is the meeting point.....At what?? 7:00???? I work until 6pm then I have to clean up.

Gayle
12-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Ok, let's do Pizza Port, Saturday, and Scott you call the time.

aston_jag_tech
12-01-2006, 01:56 AM
:D
Ok, let's do Pizza Port, Saturday, and Scott you call the time.

7:00pm
goo with u tim kim and everyone else???

TC535i
12-01-2006, 02:01 AM
7pm sat sounds good

pizza port solana beach... see you guys there!

BFEINZIMER
12-01-2006, 03:26 AM
7pm, why so late...how long should the meet be...cuse its gonna be a bitch ass drive comin home

Gayle
12-01-2006, 09:10 AM
7pm, why so late...how long should the meet be...cuse its gonna be a bitch ass drive comin home

Hmmm. How can we make this work for everyone? The reason we let Scott call the time is that he is working on Saturday til 6. We want you to come and I agree that would be a bitch of a drive home. Normally I would offer to have you stay over night at our house, but that won't work this weekend. Scott, Tim, or Kim--got any ideas?

BTW BFEINZIMER--What is your real name?

One other thought, if you did drive down and back, actually the drive would be less of a bitch the later it is cause traffic would have thinned out. My personal experience is the only decent time to drive in LA is before 7AM and after 8 PM. It is just that making it later would make drinking and then sobering up to drive a real hassle.

///Metal or Vanguard--Havn't heard anything else for you. Ya coming?

Jon K--Snuggling still sounds good. We are freezing our whimpy asses off now cause the nights are colder than usual. Last night was a frigid 41 degrees. Our houses aren't built for this, we have no body fat to keep us warm, and we are too stupid to put on sox. At least, it will be back up to 70 degrees by noon.

TC535i
12-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Jon K--Snuggling still sounds good. We are freezing our whimpy asses off now cause the nights are colder than usual. Last night was a frigid 41 degrees. Our houses aren't built for this, we have no body fat to keep us warm, and we are too stupid to put on sox. At least, it will be back up to 70 degrees by noon.

No ****. It's 50 degrees out right now ("feels like 46" according to weather.com), and I'm trying to muster up the motivation to swap headlights/taillights/euro trim from the 535i to the 540i. Unsuccessfully, as of yet. :)

Time doesn't matter to me. I'm planning on doing all of my work on the car today, finishing misc jobs tomorrow and dropping the wheels off, so the evening is wide open. We could always start at 6 and Scott could show up whenever he gets here? I'm getting the impression that he's gonna be out all night with us, not just coming for dinner... :)

Gayle
12-01-2006, 10:32 AM
No ****. It's 50 degrees out right now ("feels like 46" according to weather.com), and I'm trying to muster up the motivation to swap headlights/taillights/euro trim from the 535i to the 540i. Unsuccessfully, as of yet. :)

Time doesn't matter to me. I'm planning on doing all of my work on the car today, finishing misc jobs tomorrow and dropping the wheels off, so the evening is wide open. We could always start at 6 and Scott could show up whenever he gets here? I'm getting the impression that he's gonna be out all night with us, not just coming for dinner... :)

Where are you now? The rents in Carmel Valley?

TC535i
12-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Where are you now? The rents in Carmel Valley?

Yup. Wanna come over and learn how to remove/replace headlight assemblies?

Gayle
12-01-2006, 11:59 AM

I message you my cell. Call me.

BFEINZIMER
12-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Hmmm. How can we make this work for everyone? The reason we let Scott call the time is that he is working on Saturday til 6. We want you to come and I agree that would be a bitch of a drive home. Normally I would offer to have you stay over night at our house, but that won't work this weekend. Scott, Tim, or Kim--got any ideas?

BTW BFEINZIMER--What is your real name?

One other thought, if you did drive down and back, actually the drive would be less of a bitch the later it is cause traffic would have thinned out. My personal experience is the only decent time to drive in LA is before 7AM and after 8 PM. It is just that making it later would make drinking and then sobering up to drive a real hassle.

///Metal or Vanguard--Havn't heard anything else for you. Ya coming?

Hey well I'm Brian Feinzimer and I'm 17.

http://myspace-373.vo.llnwd.net/01253/37/32/1253562373_l.jpg

thats me lol

hmm i can call this one girl i pissed off awhile ago maybe i can stay at her house...lol who knows

Gayle
12-01-2006, 01:05 PM
hmm i can call this one girl i pissed off awhile ago maybe i can stay at her house...lol who knows

Sure--call her up..."Hi Bebe...I am going to be in town Saturday night...want to join me and some bimmer friends for pizza and beer?" Don't even ask about staying. It will work out. 17 year old hormones will make it not even an issue.

moogplayer
12-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't post here much but may be down for Saturday night. Pizza Port is tasty. Hope to make it out

94is
12-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Tim what are we doing after pizza? Is Jon down this weekend?

Gayle
12-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Tim what are we doing after pizza? Is Jon down this weekend?

Obviously I am not Tim, but to answer your questions.

No Jon is not here. Jon has just been making fun of us and our warm fuzzie SoCal way of getting together--he has made repeated suggestions that we rent movies and snuggle. And as far as after pizza, we were talking about going anywhere the mood struck us. Tim's suggestion was the Tidewater--that is pretty divey in an upscale kind of way--talk about oxymoron--upscale dive. I also kind of like the idea of the Leucadian.

And Moogplayer--come on down. Message me with your cell. You too--BFEINZIMER

Vanguard
12-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm not going to be able to make, but I'm up for the next time.

Joel

BFEINZIMER
12-01-2006, 06:35 PM

No Jon is not here. Jon has just been making fun of us and our warm fuzzie SoCal way of getting together--he has made repeated suggestions that we rent movies and snuggle. And as far as after pizza, we were talking about going anywhere the mood struck us. Tim's suggestion was the Tidewater--that is pretty divey in an upscale kind of way--talk about oxymoron--upscale dive. I also kind of like the idea of the Leucadian.

I'm actually not down to go stay with that chick, shes crazy. Neways I saw this girl today that I havent tlaked to in awhile n invited her to come so hopefullly she will, but I am %99 still comin...um yea it sounds good to meet like around 6 cuse I havta be at work at 9 the next morning and don't wanna stay too late. PM me your cell so I can text you to
tomorrow.

94is
12-01-2006, 07:20 PM

I was talking about a friend of ours who has a 2nd house in Carlsbad 5 min from me. He's usually down for the weekends and so sometimes we go there to hang out. I think he's in LA this weekend tho. :(

Gayle
12-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Map to Pizza Port (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=135+N+Highway+101,+Solana+Beach,+CA+92075)

BFEINZIMER--Since you are driving down, you might want to make it worth your while and come early enough to hang out at the beach a little bit. Pizza Port is only 3 blocks from Fletchers Cove.

With the Santa Anna weather conditions, the ocean has been spectacularly gorgeous. It is a really dark blue with a sharp delineation between the water and the horizon. Sunset is 4:30. Here is just after today's sunset.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/IMG_1858_editedSmall.jpg

TC535i
12-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Got around to euro headlights, HIDs, front euro trim, and clears front and back today. Tomorrow should give me time to do rear euro strips, M5 filler plate, and maybe fogs... Gotta do the thermostat, aluminum housing, and Z4 3.0L short shift kit too.

See you guys at 6! By the way, I figure the best place is going to be the parking lot right at the northwest corner of lomas santa fe and PCH.

aston_jag_tech
12-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Hey hey hey, Justo got home from work. Well, Lots of talking. I got the movie The Ssterhood of the traveling pants,(Is that your style of taste Jon?) Yeah 6PM Pizza Port. I can meet up with everyone later. I will get out early tomarrow though. So its Gayle, Tim, Kim, Brian, Jon(via mobile), Moogplayer....Is that everyone? Sweet! Looking forward to kicking it and drinking after a long week.

TC535i
12-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey hey hey, Justo got home from work. Well, Lots of talking. I got the movie The Ssterhood of the traveling pants,(Is that your style of taste Jon?) Yeah 6PM Pizza Port. I can meet up with everyone later. I will get out early tomarrow though. So its Gayle, Tim, Kim, Brian, Jon(via mobile), Moogplayer....Is that everyone? Sweet! Looking forward to kicking it and drinking after a long week.
Awesome. Just got out of the shower, can't wait till tomorrow night for beer... bring it on! :)

BFEINZIMER
12-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Map to Pizza Port (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=135+N+Highway+101,+Solana+Beach,+CA+92075)

BFEINZIMER--Since you are driving down, you might want to make it worth your while and come early enough to hang out at the beach a little bit. Pizza Port is only 3 blocks from Fletchers Cove.

With the Santa Anna weather conditions, the ocean has been spectacularly gorgeous. It is a really dark blue with a sharp delineation between the water and the horizon. Sunset is 4:30. Here is just after today's sunset.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/IMG_1858_editedSmall.jpg

Yea I'll prob end up goin down there n chillin at the beach, whats the parking like? Do I need $ for parking? Its so dam cold outside haha, hey dont forget to pm me your cell for tomorrow incase I can't make it...

BFEINZIMER
12-03-2006, 12:54 AM
so someone put up the pics! the meet was awesome! chekc out my new top speed on the way home! http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/Photo_12.jpg

aston_jag_tech
12-03-2006, 01:30 AM
[img=http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6853/1003076wr9.th.jpg] (http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1003076wr9.jpg)
-scott

BFEINZIMER
12-03-2006, 01:40 AM
lol ill fix it

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6853/1003076wr9.jpg

had a great time tonight and learned an invaluable amount of info! hope to see you guys again soon!

Jehu
12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
So, who's who?

Gayle
12-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Left to right:

Scott (Aston_Jag_Tech)
Kim (94is)--The woman who transplanted an M3 engine into her car herself.
Tim (TC535i)--New owner of a 6 speed 540 which I absolutely loved.
Brian (BFeinzimer) 17 year old new owner of a 90 535 who drove down from Orange Co.
Gayle

If you look really hard you can see Jon K's spirit snuggled in the middle.

We did have a good time diagnosing all of Brian's noises: low power steering fluid, ac compressor, and a need for a valve adjustment.

And for me, Tim's car was love at first site. I loved the color, I loved the 6 speed, I loved the seats and leather, and loved its potential. You know how cars either immediately hum for you or they don't...this one really hummed for me.

Gayle
12-03-2006, 02:32 AM
so someone put up the pics! the meet was awesome! chekc out my new top speed on the way home!

Through Pendleton?

Brian--Here is everything you need to know about where to jack your car.

Jacking points (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19406&highlight=jacking+points)

BFEINZIMER
12-03-2006, 02:48 AM
rear left: tim (TC535i)
middle left: tim's gf (sry haha bad with names)
front left: scott (aston_jag_tech)
rear right: me (BFEINZIMER)
front right: gayle (Gayle)

BFEINZIMER
12-03-2006, 02:51 AM
oh hey gayle...u beat me to the pic thing, yea i think you guys solved leika ll my problems tonight it was amazing haha, and yea i loved the leather on that 540, a beauty, but i really loved gayle's car the best! it looked amazing and had some nice mods lieka brace, it was lowered, mtech parralels and yep i cant spell

hmm iono i had some open space and decided ot take another picture to replace my 110 mph on my myspace haha, i used kick down in E D it was fun, and i made the 70 80 sumthing mile drive in liek 1 hour 10 minutes! i was amazed lol

Gayle
12-03-2006, 02:58 AM
hmm iono i had some open space and decided ot take another picture to replace my 110 mph on my myspace haha, i used kick down in E D it was fun, and i made the 70 80 sumthing mile drive in liek 1 hour 10 minutes! i was amazed lol

That stretch of road is really fun when traffic is light. Glad you made it home safely. Don't let the rents see that pic. It will be no more road trips to SD for you if they do.

BFEINZIMER
12-03-2006, 03:00 AM
yea i made my myspace private after they found the 100 mph picture haham altough ive seen the MP's patrl the freeway over there so that kinda scares me with no radar/laser detector...

Gayle
12-03-2006, 03:41 AM
Brian--here is everything you would want to know about valve adjustments.

How to thanks to Bruno (http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/engine/valve_adjust.htm)

Tips and tricks (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3010)

Tool (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=5043)

Retriving this stuff from the archives reminds me of how much great stuff is there and what a good job the collection of temporary mods did collecting it. Seeing that this section was collected by Dacoyote makes me miss Charles :(

aston_jag_tech
12-03-2006, 03:48 AM
Good times, Pizza was great! Thanks for fixing the pic Brian. I tried several different posts but I couldnt get it right.
120mph, jesus!! You are lucky you passed without any yellow papers. I saw 2 po's on the way home sitting behind shrubs. All you could see is the reflection off their stickers. ooo weee lucky me. Lucky you too.
Well have to meet again before the big move Gayle, maybe hit a dive bar again around me. :)
Tim Ill probably start on the rebuild on the m30 after install of the other engine. Ill be sure to let you know once I get major work done though.

-Scott

aston_jag_tech
12-03-2006, 03:51 AM
About the Valve adjust Brian, Do it in shop class and ask your instructor to watch you do 1 or 2 just to ensure youre doing them right. Im sure youll do them correct but extra eyes and experience always help.

Digita1 Ecstasy
12-03-2006, 04:51 AM
No pics of the cars? :(

Gayle
12-03-2006, 10:00 AM
No pics of the cars? :(

It was 6pm when we got together. The light conditions didn't work for a photoshoot. In fact, it was hard to really see the conditions of the car bodies under the street lights.

moogplayer
12-03-2006, 11:51 AM
sorry I missed it

Forgot it was the same night I had to direct a 4-camera video shoot @ the Star of India (Tim Flannery's concert). By the time I got out (11:30pm) I had nothing left. Next time!

Andy

Gayle
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
sorry I missed it

Forgot it was the same night I had to direct a 4-camera video shoot @ the Star of India (Tim Flannery's concert). By the time I got out (11:30pm) I had nothing left. Next time!

Andy

Too bad you had to slum it like that.