PDA

View Full Version : Low oil pressure warning

632 Regal
11-23-2006, 07:10 PM
banjo bolts? Do these oil pumps fall out like the V8 engines?

winfred
11-23-2006, 07:40 PM
i've only seen one v12 that had a low op warning but i didn't get to diagnose it as the tranny took a **** and he took the car away, obviously the first step would be to screw in a mechanical gauge and see what's up

632 Regal
11-23-2006, 09:26 PM
obviously right butt... lifters making noise at idle, not going to question the pressure sensor. Looking at the engine spec's pictures the oil pump looks horridly like the M60 pump AND they have banjo bolts on the cam lube bar like the M20's...

This car WAS NOT on any maintenance schedule, looks like they just repaired what broke...not thrilled about it.

ever see the "passanger seatback" code? Cant even see any wiring or switches on the seat.

i've only seen one v12 that had a low op warning but i didn't get to diagnose it as the tranny took a **** and he took the car away, obviously the first step would be to screw in a mechanical gauge and see what's up

632 Regal
11-24-2006, 07:02 PM
the pump looks the same as the M60 pump, no bolts fell out but they werent very tight. adjusted the chain tension, waiting for the pan gasket and will put some decent oil in and see what happens from there. If I still get the low pressure warning its banjo bolt time, while Im in there Ill do the valve seals too.

fun stuff ;)

shogun
11-25-2006, 08:12 AM
I would first change the oil pressure switch # 16
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=EG23&mospid=47335&btnr=11_1089&hg=11&fg=30

Pull the connector and see if there is oil inside where the connections are.

grave77
12-13-2006, 12:45 AM
do you mean the backrest warning? I get this sometimes, it's when the seat is not locked properly ( since it's a 2 doors car ) I guess it's a common problem with the lock sensor for the seat.

grave77
12-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Jeff ... can you tell me how you adj. the chain tensioner? I'm getting strange noise every 1.5 seconds when idle, I suspected that the chain is a little loose ...

632 Regal
12-13-2006, 04:24 AM
once you pull the pan there are nuts and 1 bolt that hold the pump on. as you look at the front of the car, on the right, the hex adjuster is inside the bolt hole after removing the bolt, hard to describe. all the rest are nuts but the one with the bolt has the adjuster inside the hole, you want about 10mm of chain play when finally adjusted. the figure will change when re-torqueing the bolt so you will have to allow for that. While your there check all the oil pump bolts, i rebuilt the whole thing and used red loctite on all the bolts and nuts involved.

Jeff ... can you tell me how you adj. the chain tensioner? I'm getting strange noise every 1.5 seconds when idle, I suspected that the chain is a little loose ...

shogun
03-14-2023, 09:01 AM
HowTo-> Engine: Reset V12 Valve Timing. https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1475009-HowTo-gt-Engine-Reset-V12-Valve-Timing