PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side window out of sync?

632 Regal
11-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Drivers side window out of sync?

The tinter dude ran the batteries completely dead, now the drivers window wont drop the 1/4 inch it's supposed to when opening the door, it also will run all the way up its travel and then reverse all the way down with no stop at the top...

any clues?

On the good side, there are no longer any codes or warnings now except the SRS light...:D

Omega
11-19-2006, 01:35 PM
any clues?

Plenty. You want some answers?....... :D

632 Regal
11-19-2006, 07:54 PM
answer me biatch! lol, Stu you rule.

Plenty. You want some answers?....... :D

winfred
11-19-2006, 11:19 PM
i've not done this to a e31 but it works on e36s, run the window all the way up and down a couple times with the door closed and it learns it's place, if the window stops hit the switch again till it gets to the end of it's travel

Omega
11-20-2006, 03:23 AM
answer me biatch! lol, Stu you rule.

Winfred beat me to it!!!!

I have also read that you run the window closed (pressing on the button, not using the one-shot lift) and keep holding the button down for 3 seconds once the window reaches the top. The window should then drop a bit and then goto the closed position.

It is now sequenced, and knows it's arse from it's elbow once again.:D

632 Regal
11-20-2006, 11:06 AM
will try tonight!
Winfred beat me to it!!!!

I have also read that you run the window closed (pressing on the button, not using the one-shot lift) and keep holding the button down for 3 seconds once the window reaches the top. The window should then drop a bit and then goto the closed position.

It is now sequenced, and knows it's arse from it's elbow once again.:D

632 Regal
11-21-2006, 09:57 AM
you guys rock! window works as good as new!