PDA

View Full Version : OOPS I broke many injector plug housing :(

Alpinewhite
11-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Damn these injector plug from injector harness are sooooooooooooooo fragile. I think I broke at least 6 of them trying to remove injector harness. Now how difficult it is to open the injector harness and fix this mistake.

I am ordering 10 in the following picture right away

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HE23&mospid=47406&btnr=13_0385&hg=13&fg=15

Thanks
Arun

brosher
11-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Did you take the stupid metal clips (small wire looking thing) off first? Either way I didn't use them when I reinstalled. Good luck.

I don't think it is mentioned in the how to: At the front of the electrical box on the drivers side there are two wires that I could find out how to unplug. I just cut them and then just crimped them back together when I reinstalled.

Alpinewhite
11-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Are you saying that it is safe even if I broke the plastic colar?

Thanks
Arun

winfred
11-18-2006, 09:13 PM
as long as they fit securely on the injector it doesn't really matter what condition they are in or if they are still attached to the box that the harness runs through

Alpinewhite
11-18-2006, 11:26 PM
How secure the connection will be with no spring clips?

Thanks
Arun

winfred
11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
fairly good as long as they still plug in, they don't really have anywhere to go under the harness boxes

Alpinewhite
11-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks Winfred. I would like to also consider the option of removing all the plastic injector electric plugs and replace it with new ones. Has any one done this already? Questions for those who have done this.

1. How to safely remove the injector hareness cover? Especially the plastic tabs that is holding it. Is there any special tool?

2. How to remove the injector electric plugs from the hareness?

Thanks
Arun