PDA

View Full Version : parting pics of an 750iL

shogun
11-18-2006, 12:30 PM
And we had a lot of fun. Hope the pics help you for DIY
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/278693

Robke
12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
yep , i sure can see why you are having fun , i wish i could do this kind of stuf right now , in holland i had a 1600 square meter workshop for my cars ( including a paint boot ) and here in Portugal i'm working outside on a sandy entrance to the house i rented for the time being , oh how i long for my new to build garage , just for my pleasure , damn , will i be happy there ;-).
I just have to wait an other year............... you are one lucky guy , thats for shure

shogun
12-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Robke,

I live in the center of Tokyo, no space here even to crawl under the car.
That place where we have the other cars is 70 km outside of town on the country side, no roof.
To go there it takes me 2 hours one way on the crowded Highway here and the toll fee one way is 20$.
But we are happy to have that place and many members of our E32 Club come there.
Don't they have in Portugal repair places to rent like in Germany for DIYers, that is the best.
One hour approx 10 $ with a car lift and all tools can be rented there.

Robke
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I sort of know what you mean , i've been in Tokyo once ( a long long time ago) and even then it was a overcrowded pleace.
This car hobby of ours seems to be a very timeconsuming and expensive thing;-) and especialy if you have to drive 4 hours and lose 40$ just to get there , but the driving can be very nice too.
We don't have these repair shops in Portugal so for the time being i'm stuck with nothing but maybe i can convince my wife that it's very neccesary for me to buy an old shed or something to work in , just as a temporary solution.
Hmmm , it's an idea