PDA

View Full Version : A Whole new noise to complain about

SnakeyesTx
11-16-2006, 06:10 PM
So, aside from my pulsing idle nightmare, and the return of my 60mph shake, I was coming home today from the local boneyard, when I hear a pretty good bang around my firewall area (my passenger thought I ran over something and it banged against the floor, but I swear I didn't see anything on the road). Shortly after I hear a noise like a playing card in bicycle spokes that follows my speed. When I drop below 25mph, the noise is gone. When I accelerate to 25mph, no noise... any faster, the noise starts, and speeds up with the car. Everything else seems fine as far as I can tell. The car made it the remaining 9 miles home with no fuss and no temperature issues, or funny shifting. I swear the noise sounds like its coming from under the shifter hump area.

Any ideas?

KenB
11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
I had a similar sound today, apparently I picked up a piece of plastic debris that got caught under the car somewhere and was flapping, slowed and sped up with the car. It fell off somewhere after I stopped at a light I didn't hear it anymore.

632 Regal
11-16-2006, 07:52 PM
wheel bearing?

Alexlind123
11-16-2006, 08:18 PM
I ran over a branch and it made a horrible screeching noise that i thought was my brakes, but i stopped and turned around and the noise went away. I think it was caught underneath. Check for debris :)

BillionPa
11-17-2006, 12:37 AM
when that happened to me, it was one of the bolts holding the caliper to the carrier.

SnakeyesTx
11-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Update : Playing card noise = Guibo decided to explode just like I thought.

Wheel shake = supposedly my front struts are no good. They *are* original ones, so I got new ones just to be safe.

Engine Idle = Still undetermined. Shop swears its probably sticky injectors, but I've pulled the plugs and they all burn clean with no buildup on them. This leads me to believe there's proper fuel and proper spark, and that the ICV is still the culprit. I even told them this but they don't suspect this to be the problem. This issue most of all is the most frustrating >:O

chiefcorey
11-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Wheel shake = supposedly my front struts are no good. They *are* original ones, so I got new ones just to be safe.

>:O

Did replacing the front struts solve the wheel shake problem. I have a similar, more noticable when slowing down than speeding up.

I'd like to know if I should do the same.

SnakeyesTx
11-17-2006, 05:14 PM
I'll know when I go pick it up in a few hours.. if not in the morning. :D

shrike071
11-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Any ideas?

I had the same 'card in the spokes' noise today and got up under the car to check it out. Turned out that the wires for the O2 sensor were just loose enough to come into contact with the bolts on the guibo.

Re-routed the wire and all is well

chiefcorey
11-22-2006, 05:19 PM
I'll know when I go pick it up in a few hours.. if not in the morning. :D

Snakeyes, did it fix the E34 shakes?