PDA

View Full Version : "High Temp" warning when trying to play CD

Koolnkrisp
10-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone...I just got bought my first BMW 98 740 IL(85,00 miles) the car is a beauty to drive. However since I bought it I cannot get my CD player to work, it keeps displaying a "High Temp" warning on the panel everytime I try to play a CD. The 6 disk player is full, all the other radio features work but I just cant get my CD to play...any ideas? Thank you in advance.

pingu
10-28-2006, 06:55 PM
I doubt if anything is actually too hot (sounds more like some other fault is causing it to think it's too hot) but you could try putting the 6 disk player (and maybe the front panel unit too) in the fridge for a couple of hours and seeing if the 6 disk player works. If that doesn't work, could try the freezer. If it still doesn't work after being frozen (be careful - the plastic will probably get vety brittle) then maybe it's just dead?

Koolnkrisp
10-30-2006, 01:59 AM
I doubt if anything is actually too hot (sounds more like some other fault is causing it to think it's too hot) but you could try putting the 6 disk player (and maybe the front panel unit too) in the fridge for a couple of hours and seeing if the 6 disk player works. If that doesn't work, could try the freezer. If it still doesn't work after being frozen (be careful - the plastic will probably get vety brittle) then maybe it's just dead?
Thanks Pingu, the problem with that is that I livei n NYC and these days every moring that I go down to my car is like it's been in the freezer all night ( 30-40 degrees) so I think you may be correct in assuming that it's likely some other fauly and not heat...but what could it be?

shogun
10-30-2006, 02:05 AM
I do not know if you have OEM equipment inside, but maybe you contact this company
http://www.bmwradiorepair.com/

Koolnkrisp
11-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks Shogun....I have all factory equipment, I'll send an email off to the Radioman.