PDA

View Full Version : is there a code that u can put so your e34 doesnt start

e34
04-10-2004, 09:30 PM
I have a friend who told me that in his 94 525ia he could place a code in the computer and the engine will not be able to start, it this true and if so what years and models do the cars with that have. Or is he waching Transporter way too much?

monchichi
04-10-2004, 09:32 PM
I have 92 535i and I can stop the car from starting by punching in numbers by the key pads located right side of the radio.

dave b
04-10-2004, 10:48 PM
If your OBC is so equipped, you will have a button marked "code"

press it, type in what you want, then press it to lock.

Car will not start with this code on. After three unsuccessful tries, the alarm will go off and the car will lock down.

The only way around this is to disconnect the battery, then wait as the car counts down from 15 minutes. Then, you can start without the code. I's had the unfortunate experience of waiting in the searing sun with the alarm going off and people thinking I am trying to steal my own car.

e34
04-11-2004, 02:17 AM
so what i need to do it press code and type in any number code that i like and press lock, then exit the car and lock it, then when I come back, i unlock the car and type the code in and hit lock again, and it should work. Is there a place where its going to tell me how to do it.

dave b
04-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Those steps will work. Just don't try to start the car until you clear the code.

Your manual should have those steps.

e34
04-11-2004, 08:47 PM
thanks