PDA

View Full Version : corrections to secret OBC codes

shogun
09-21-2006, 10:25 AM
http://home.iae.nl/users/bts/obc.htm

Kai from the German E34 board informed that these are not correct:

1. #06 is not "Amps", it's the measured current fuel in tank (in litres). Works only if ignition is on.

2. #07 is not "% of full", it's the calculated (!!) current fuel in tank.

3. #09 is the current voltage at terminal 15 (not terminal R!), so you have to turn the ignition on.

4. #10 has absolutely nothing to do with something like speedometer correction, it's for the range calibration.

BillionPa
09-21-2006, 11:39 PM
range calibration!

i need that bad, it says i have like, 580miles after a fillup, but..... thats just not possible unless im getting almost 30mpg ALL THE TIME!

theirongiant
09-22-2006, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the link!

Evan
09-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks for all the info.

My 540 will not respond to a "stomp test."

Is there another way for me to find out why my check engine light keeps coming and going?

Cheers,
Evan

genphreak
09-23-2006, 02:30 AM
WOW, Built in speedo calibration!!!

I never knew one could use it to calibrate the speedo.

Does anyone have non-stock sized wheels on their e34??? Have I been missing something???? Why don't we rant and rave about this?

Happy_Go_Lucky
09-24-2006, 03:21 AM

4. #10 has absolutely nothing to do with something like speedometer correction, it's for the range calibration.

Heya Shogun ... so you're saying we cannot calibrate our speedo? Damn :( I wish I could do that, but thanks for the codes and corrections. Good info! :)

genphreak
09-24-2006, 09:28 AM
WOW, Built in speedo calibration!! Have I been missing something???? Why don't we rant and rave about this?Cos someone dosen't read posts proeprly i guess. Doh!

I'll have to try this function out so will let you know Erich. :) Nick

Happy_Go_Lucky
09-25-2006, 02:06 AM

Kai from the German E34 board informed that these are not correct:

1. #06 is not "Amps", it's the measured current fuel in tank (in litres). Works only if ignition is on.

2. #07 is not "% of full", it's the calculated (!!) current fuel in tank.

3. #09 is the current voltage at terminal 15 (not terminal R!), so you have to turn the ignition on.

Can we "program" these new codes into our dash display to bring 'em up when we press the turn indicator stalk - so that they're always available? Just too lazy to try, so thought I'd ask. :p

stx133
09-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Thanks for all the info.

My 540 will not respond to a "stomp test."

Is there another way for me to find out why my check engine light keeps coming and going?

Cheers,
Evan

Same Problem with the check engine and stomp test.

"Bump"

shogun
09-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Australian cars do not have a possibility for a stomp test, only U.S. specification cars.
But you can do that by adding some wires. I have once posted that.
MOTRONIC to cluster and installing the bulb in the cluster. Wiring depends on the MOTRONIC, and not all years of production possible.
I only have the details for the M70 V12 MOTRONIC.

Evan
09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
My car does not respond to the stomp test... any advice on getting error codes?

Evan
09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Does anyone have any idea of how to get the error codes from a 94 540i?

My check engine light came on this past weekend and I'd love to be able to diagnose it myself.

shogun
09-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Best is you buy a PEAKE tool, I always have it in my glovebox
www.peakeresearch.com