PDA

View Full Version : m5 leather seats on ebay

3rdE34
09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

sorry i havnt introduced myself properly yet and havnt got the photo side of things happening but wondered what you thought about these?

i have cloth seats in excellent condition with nice fitted lambswool fronts but this offer on ebay caught my attention..

some of my thoughts are,

are they in as good condition as they claim?

would they go with my navy blue dash, console and blue carpet?

i live in a fairly hot area, when i had my last e34 with leather seats i lived in a cooler climate but still found them a "bit sticky"

i plan on keeping the car so do i put them in storage till i wear the cloth ones out? or fit them and put the cloth ones in storage.... (the mind boggles)

am i better off spending less money and investing in a computer chip and be happy with the cloth.....?

following is the link to them...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=330026509631&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

would appreciate your comments, thanks for your time...

steven :)

angrypancake
09-13-2006, 07:00 PM
idk if they would match blue, but damn i'd like to have them :(. they look to be in pretty good condition. if you're in doubt contact the seller and ask for more detailled pictures, that's probly your best bet. if it's real hot you can get seat covers or something to try and diffuse the heat as best you can

3rdE34
09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
thanks for your sound advice angrypancake i have emailed the seller for more detailed photo's. i tried to upload some photos of my interior to show but the files were too big (ill get there) i think the black will go with the blue and i do have black in the centre of the dashboard and seat belts (least there is some). im hoping that my sheepskins will fit over the leather front seats.also the door trims would look heaps better than what i have.... thanks again ill keep you posted

cheers
steven :)

ILoveMPower
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
You can't get E35 Mtech interior and then throw sheepskins over it... that must be a sin, am I right?

3rdE34
09-14-2006, 12:12 AM
You can't get E35 Mtech interior and then throw sheepskins over it... that must be a sin, am I right?

yes of course you are right.. i dont know what i was thinking...why cover beauty??.. i dont think they would fit anyway the seat looks deeper and slightly narrower... i think i will put up with the "bit sticky" for the awesome look.....thanks you snapped me out of it

angrypancake
09-14-2006, 12:16 AM
heh screw that if it's hot as balls i'd rather have sheepskins, keep cool, and preserve the life of my seats.

3rdE34
09-14-2006, 12:34 AM
thanks guys , i have pretty well made up my mind to bid for them.... and we will see what happens from there, i still have to "win" them yet.. the car is mainly garaged, so its not like they will heat up much...thanks for your comments, i appreciate it!

Thayne
09-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Those look really nice!

Paul in NZ
09-14-2006, 01:56 AM
the leather somehow doesnt seem to get that hot,although i dont live in a HOT place.I find that with the sunroof tilted and a windscreen shade the interior never gets burning hot,even tho I have a black on black car
And look at he seats i have,

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/kiwi535/front%20seat.jpg

3rdE34
09-14-2006, 01:59 AM
thanks Thayne! so do your cars man!! absolutely awesome!! i just hope i havn't blown the cover and get outbid by another aussie member of the forum lol

3rdE34
09-14-2006, 02:15 AM
thanks also paulnz and awesome interior man!! unfortunately i dont have a sunroof :( and yes it is a fair bit cooler where you are..

i previously lived in sydney, when i had my 540i with leather/sunroof, i was "repping" at the time and would go for meetings sometimes for a few hours. i used to leave my sunroof on tilt until some "A" hole threw a cigarette butt in there and burnt my floor mat (lucky not a lot more!) but hey thats sydney...anyhow my point is, upon return the interior would be damn hot (60c) under those circumstances...

here on the gold coast it may be 1-2 degrees hotter than sydney but i now work from/at home so the car is mainly garaged and i only go "out" in her and that is mainly at night...

you guys have helped make up my mind many thanks.... im going for them!!

cheers

steven

GJPinAU
09-14-2006, 02:20 AM
Go for it mate!

I had the same seats in my M535, very comfortable.

All you need to do is get yourself one of those windscreen blinds that are available at all motor accessory shops. Just don't get the Daffy Duck ones LOL.:D

Paul in NZ
09-14-2006, 02:23 AM
yes the windscreen shades make a huge difference.If you had a rear blind that would help too!Good Luck

Jay 535i
09-14-2006, 12:14 PM
If I had some money I would jump all over that.

3rdE34
09-14-2006, 06:02 PM
hey guys, well the update is that the auction ends in 1 hour and the seller hasnt bothered to reply to my email requesting shipping costs and more detailed photo's hence i wont be bidding... hopefully he will get is act together and we will do a deal later....

3rdE34
09-14-2006, 07:33 PM
finally got an email from the seller, they are quite scratched once you see close up photos,,, bidding has now ended dude paid 1400 odd bucks for them which is more than i was prepared to bid... guess ill stay happy with my cloth trim at least it is in excellent condition... the winning bidder will be fitting them to the car he also bought on ebay... here it is if anybody is interested

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=135317&item=110027241016

oh well whats meant to be is meant to be.... thanks for the imput guys and avagoodweekend :)

steven

kev535i
09-15-2006, 12:05 AM
the same guy has another set up on the bay -from an exec not as nice as the m-tec but leather all the same-http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BMW-E34-Black-Leather-Seats_W0QQitemZ330028831793QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1023 22QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem