PDA

View Full Version : OBC Lightbulb part #? '92 e34

wyldbil
08-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi all-
I have searched several BMW parts house sites, but to no avail. I want to replace the lights in my '92 525it's OBC and cannot find parts numbers anywhere. Help? Please?

Just got my car and diggin' this forum by the way. Two years ago I foolishly sold my Sharked '85 535i and got a Honda. That e28 was one badarse car and I unpleasantly surprised many drivers who wanted to play "redlight rambo" with me. Pined for another BMW ever since. The wagon is nowhere near as quick, but I am totally loving it. I have returned home... Nothing remotely approaches the feeling of driving a BMW, even an aging one.

gale
08-21-2006, 08:21 PM
The correct part number is 62 11 1 368 299. The last time I bought them at the dealer, they still had the wrong part number. The ones they'll try to sell you have a green plastic base and are 6v bulbs and will burn out in about a week. The correct ones are 12v and have a black plastic base and are about 70 cents at the dealer vs. $2 at most on-line places.

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/obcbulb1.jpg

SchnellE34
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I went to the dealer just a month ago and they tried to sell me those (the wrong) bulbs. I had to go out to the car and pull the bulbs on the OBC to prove that the ETK is wrong.