PDA

View Full Version : transmission program

davidflrs
08-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I have a 91 525i which we did a 5 spd conversion to.. Everything runs perfect but I get the transmission progam code on my dash.. I know the ecu's arent sepcific for manual or automatic transmission.. does anyone know how to clear this code?

bagpuss
08-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I have a 91 525i which we did a 5 spd conversion to.. Everything runs perfect but I get the transmission progam code on my dash.. I know the ecu's arent sepcific for manual or automatic transmission.. does anyone know how to clear this code?

I recall seeing a post on here about it somewhere, when I was searching for solutions to my trans issues. I think it involves joining a couple of wires but cant recall exactly, but the info is here, I'm sure.

shuriken
08-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Bagpuss, your just down the road from me..... How do you do!

BillionPa
08-09-2006, 09:21 PM
did you yank the trans computer?

davidflrs
08-10-2006, 12:00 PM
where is the trans computer located? The place I got the changeover kit from says there is a module to take out but they arent sure where it is located.

did you yank the trans computer?

Bill R.
08-10-2006, 01:41 PM
pins on the connector as needed. Here on Don Gales great writeup at the bottom you'll find the info on jumping the TCU connector or jumping the CCM connector. (http://www.nmia.com/%7Edgnrg/page_41.htm)

Your TCU or Transmission computer is behind the passenger side kick panel.

where is the trans computer located? The place I got the changeover kit from says there is a module to take out but they arent sure where it is located.