PDA

View Full Version : sunroof issues

mbarsalou
07-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Hello, My 1995 E34 530i series sunroof broke on one side. Its the older model sunroof, that I'm sure of. The original piece that broke was like a hinge on the passenger side that allowed the sunroof to move on its track. The repair shop (not bmw certified) (small town) - wound up replacing these hinge like items on both sides. I'm okay with that. My concern is now the sunroof doesn't have a "stop" point. When I go to close it I have to play with the switch for it to get it fitted just right. Keeping in mind the repair people are not certified, when I go back to tell them my concerns, is there anything I can tell them that will make it easier for them to get it fixed so it works right? I also notice when I am trying to get it sealed tight that one side seems a little higher than the other side.

Thank you so much, everyone was so wonderful about help on my glove box, a couple months ago, I took the schematic someone posted into my repair shop and they were able to fix it right up for me. So again
Thank you!
M

Paul in NZ
07-30-2006, 06:50 AM
there is a very good write up somewhere on this subject...but its late sunday night now!

mbarsalou
07-30-2006, 06:26 PM
The only thing I have seen on the sunroof is a schematic of all the parts, doesn't explain even how all those parts go together. Is this what you mean?

shanek
07-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Mine did the same thing because the gear on the motor had broken teeth on it.