PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on bodywork-e34 540/6

540ii
07-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Hello,

Could someone advise me on where I should get bodywork done in the Toronto area. I have a 1995 540/6 that has developed considerable rust on the bottom of the doors, the trunk and also needs the bumper to be painted. I have gotten estimates from different body shapes ranging from $750 to $2100. Could someone tell me possible reasons for so much variance in the estimates? Shoud I fork out the extra grand or so or just get the job done cheap for like $800? Also, does anybody know about the moldings that go along the bottom of the doors from BAVA AUTO? Are these equivalent to the stock ones? Thanks very much.

632 Regal
07-17-2006, 11:46 AM
lower door seals are available from bmaparts.com call them and they will help, their internet site is kinda rusty.

Remember rust will return, just look at the work the different shops have done. It's hard to tell if they do good or shyt work when everything is fresh and shiney, the older work is how you can tell. Other than reputation and the luck of the draw, your pretty much on your own.

Ask the shops exactly what they will be doing when they work on your car and that may give you some insight as to the cost differentials.

Hello,

Could someone advise me on where I should get bodywork done in the Toronto area. I have a 1995 540/6 that has developed considerable rust on the bottom of the doors, the trunk and also needs the bumper to be painted. I have gotten estimates from different body shapes ranging from $750 to $2100. Could someone tell me possible reasons for so much variance in the estimates? Shoud I fork out the extra grand or so or just get the job done cheap for like $800? Also, does anybody know about the moldings that go along the bottom of the doors from BAVA AUTO? Are these equivalent to the stock ones? Thanks very much.

Qube
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Depends how good the work you want. The best? European Autobody. Next up would be Uni-Body Collision.