PDA

View Full Version : BMW Drive for the Cure

Russell
07-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Just drove the new 550i with heads up display, sport suspension and seats, active steering and Sirius radio. All good. if I could afford one, I would buy it. It is fast and handles like on rails. I even like idrive a little bit.

Drove a 750i as well It was Ok, certainly not a driver's car.

All the cars are automatics and no M cars.

Go when they are at your local BMW dealer. You can sign up on the BMWUSA site. For each mile driven, BMW donates a dollar to the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Jimbo
07-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I did it last year at Baron BMW in Kansas City.

I drove a 330i 6 speed and a Z4 3.0. The 330 really did not impress me very much, interior fit and finish was not what i would have expected and the handling/power was nothing to write home about. It was definitely better than my E34, but not nearly as much better as i could have wished. The Z4, on the other hand, was amazing, incredibly tight and responsive, the most enjoyable car i've ever driven.

Everyone should go if it is coming to a dealer near you. Awesome cars, no salespeople, and its for a good cause. I can't wait to drive the 5 series this year:D .

HDhandyman
07-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Russell, did you drive @ Don Jacobs? How long is this going on?

Russell
07-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Drove at Don Jacobs. Today only. They move on somewhere else. I think they have already done the rest of KY and Ohio. If you want to drive somewhere, I would check bmwusa.com. They take walk-ins, even though you can register on-line.

PeterInSTL
07-07-2006, 09:22 PM
to drive the 650ci and 330ci. It will be my first time. How does the drive work...highly supervised?