PDA

View Full Version : E32 750il Rear Shocks

jackjakosalem
06-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi there from Cebu City, Philippines. just got a 1989 manufactured 750il. all 4 shock absorbers are busted and since the rear shocks are "hydraulic", i want to replace them with "ordinary" shocks and condemn the lifter system because of the big price difference here in the Philippines. Is this possible and will it just be a "drop-in" replacement? will it affect the rear height of the car? thanks...

AllGo'n'Show
06-29-2006, 12:35 AM
From what I have been told *plan on doing the same thing here on my 735iL*, normal non-leveling shocks, will fit just fine, plug off the old system, the only thing you will need different are rear springs, as LAD springs are softer then normal springs.

jackjakosalem
06-29-2006, 12:38 AM
thanks!!! what a beautiful 735il u got there!

AllGo'n'Show
06-29-2006, 12:42 AM
haha thats not her :(, that shwat I want her to be.

By the end of the month I will have real pictures up with my rims + tint + exhaust + system + engine bay + new headlights/corners. She'll look pretty in a little :D

jackjakosalem
06-29-2006, 12:59 AM
oh ok, then thats what i want mine to be tooooo!

shogun
06-29-2006, 06:14 AM
You need a self levelling elimination set, which www.bavauto.com sells, there is also a detailed instruction how to do that. You have to keep the pump running, otherwise it will be destroyed. Actually it is a double pump, one part for the power steering and brake booster unit, the other part for the hydraulic system. You have to close the system at the regulating valve under the car, so that the flluid (Pentosin) is always circulating.
http://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/E32e34ElimKits.pdf

Can you send me the 2 defective rear shocks to Japan? I need samples as I want to try to reproduce the nylon sealings for me and other people. For that I need defective ones. Could send by seamail to reduce shipping.

shogun
06-29-2006, 06:17 AM
I forgot to mention, if you need spare parts for your 750, I have a lot in Tokyo in Japan. I have some spare parts 750iL.
I am at the moment in Germany but will be back to Japan on Monday.
All modules for engine control, LKM, GM, relays, throttling valves, tail lights, headlights and so on.

jackjakosalem
06-29-2006, 06:52 AM
wow. thanks for all that info. i think with the info that i need to buy new springs and need to buy the self leveling eliminator, i think i'll just get the hydraulic shocks like the originals!!!! haha