PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous on 735iL

AllGo'n'Show
06-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Yah I know I'm stupid/crazy/nuts/retarded/wierd, heard them all. If you got negative comments please stay away, I plan on doing this right, spend a nice amount of coin, do something different yet still make it work for quite a while.

I have been looking at QUITE a few websites pertaining to nitrous installs.

From the info I have gathered, I assume on a 735iL, I should be using, stock chip + a Wet system?

Reason I am thinking wet is because I am unsure if the air is pumped up that the computer automatically compensates by adding more fuel. Can someone confirm this? Would a dry system work or wet is best option?

I plan on installing a few safety switches to prevent detonation. For WOT would I need a mechanical or electronic? I'm stuck both ways cause I'm not entriely sure, I know the button underneath the acceleration pedal acts as a kind of WOT switch, should I tap into that?

Anyone know the heat range of a stock plug?
Happen to know the heat range of a slightly colder plug suggested for our cars?
Suggested plugs for our cars even if you don't know the heat range?

I'm sure I'll have more to add, thanks everyone for their help in advance :)

Incantation
06-21-2006, 04:13 PM
waste of money.. the car will still be slow with a 100 shot. enjoy it for what it is.. a luxury saloon

AllGo'n'Show
06-21-2006, 07:31 PM
everyones opinion of everything is its a waste of time. I wasn't asking if its a waste of time or not, I was asking the other questions.

I reconsidered it today and have to look into these ZF's tranmissions some more. I remembered reading something about them not lasting very long under anythign over the stock hp/tq #'s.