PDA

View Full Version : getting a crashed E34 M5 in a few days

MarkD
06-10-2006, 08:08 PM
I originally planned to buy this wreck to take all the parts as spares for my car, now I'm going to investigate rebuilding it as a track car as it appears to be rebuildable. You can find pictures of it here:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=551252393&security=fARqzZ

MarkD

ericcamaro
06-10-2006, 08:19 PM
how much you pay for her??

MarkD
06-10-2006, 08:26 PM
how much you pay for her??

$2500 Canadian

The owner can buy it from the insurance co. for $1500 and I know he wants to make $1K on it. He only had it 3 months and bought it from a friend of mine who is a mechanic at a garage that services mainly Porsche, Lotus and Ferraris. My friend had it 3 years and probably drove it less than 10,000 km in that time. I know that it was in mechanically perfect condition when he sold it. I even brought in an Ireland Engineering big brake kit for him 2 years back. He just used it at the track a few times, otherwise it was in his garage.
The new owner bought it in December and his wife crashed it in late April.

Nick.Hay
06-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Poor old Gal....

That first frontal image is a little nauseating.

Hope you can resurrect her. ;)

winfred
06-10-2006, 08:34 PM
if ya scrap it what ya want for the motor keeping in mind the yard of crap i have at my disposal :D i have been craving a s38 for my e30 badly, i would of gotten that one that was on ebay as a local pick up only in va a month or two ago if my funds weren't tied up floating some money for mom

MarkD
06-10-2006, 08:39 PM
if ya scrap it what ya want for the motor keeping in mind the yard of crap i have at my disposal :D i have been craving a s38 for my e30 badly, i would of gotten that one that was on ebay as a local pick up only in va a month or two ago if my funds weren't tied up floating some money for mom

Winfred,

the motor is not for sale as I need to keep a spare here in case mine has any problems. When I first thought of just storing all the parts till I needed them, I was thinking of sending the motor to Metric Mechanic to get the 4.0l treatment :D but if this is rebuildable I think I'll make a track car. A motor like that is worth no less than 5K up here. It's very hard to find one and so I want to keep it in case I need one myself.

Mark

winfred
06-10-2006, 08:46 PM
otay :(

Winfred,

the motor is not for sale

MarkD
06-10-2006, 08:54 PM
otay :(

But the Euro truck lid cover for the licence plate may be available if you need that...

By the way I mentioned I was thinking (dreaming) of sending the motor to MM to make a 4.0l s38, I didn't win the lottery yet but since I have started making some special chips for their motors recently, they told me they would help me out when I need a motor.

Martin in Bellevue
06-10-2006, 08:56 PM
You looking to make some money on the sport seats? I'm looking for black leather, preferrably manual, sport seats.

winfred
06-10-2006, 09:06 PM
well if the need for a few m30s or a v12 or something odd comes up you know where to find me :D

I didn't win the lottery yet

jjw
06-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Hmmmm, pretty bad looking. Do you think the engine still good? Looks like it's been push back from the pictures.

Phil Sanderson
06-11-2006, 12:14 AM
...is every "bimmerhead's" dream. Congratulations Mark, you've fullfilled something that is still one of my fantasies (one of).
regards
Phil

genphreak
06-11-2006, 03:02 AM
It's not such a hard fix that- the only thing is getting all those little parts that would have exploded on impact- M pricing for them would make a carefully planned rebuild budget essential. Looks like the motor helped stop the car, so perhaps the firewall and the tailshaft took some load. I guess the diff will be ok, but the S38 will need a few new parts at the front. But on the other hand, you never know- sometimes the brakes stopp a car like that in time before the firewall takes too much shove. If the front door gaps are good, it'll make it a better chance that lady luck was smiling on the hapless driver.. (almost wrote hopeless, but one shouldn't assume... but OMG- fancy crashing a classic M car- nad sucha damn good one at that!!!)
(cries) Nick

wingman
06-11-2006, 03:33 AM
I can't believe it. Not only an M5 parts car but one that you know the history of! You are complete and utter bastard!!!

E34 530
06-11-2006, 06:02 PM
I'll take the sideskirts...:p

chris_e34
06-16-2006, 11:06 AM
PLEASE!!!!!can i have the drivers side front fender, and rear bumper...

Herb98CQB
06-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Mark, are the seats in it memory? I just got a euro M5 interior for my '94 touring, but I need to track down a wiring harness for the interior to swap the driver and passanger seats out. Would you be interested in selling the interior harness? Or possibly swapping out the base of the seats if they are non memory? Herb

SharkmanBMW
06-17-2006, 12:38 PM
$2500 CAD M5 track car.... MMMMMMM, sweet.

Yes, it needs work, but it is in good hands. Congrats and enjoy!

MarkD
06-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey guys, I get car this coming week. At this time, I don't plan to sell any parts. I bought it as a backup for my own M5 as I may need those parts one day and they are hard to get (as you all know)

I'm going to have the car checked out to determine what it would cost to put back on the road. (for my wife) If it's too high, I'll either make it a track car or strip it for parts (and keep most of them).

I'll post here if any parts are ever available.
If I sell parts, the M5 specific parts will only go to people that need them for their own M5.

Mark