PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

93-525i
05-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey guys,
I used to own an e34 525i and sold it about a year ago. It was the biggest mistake ever!!! I want another bmw because nothing drives like one. I was looking at a 735iL today and it had 168k miles on it. The interior is in very good shape and motor runs well, just a slightly lympy idle. When I stopped the car after driving it and was looking it around everything checked out ok, but when I got back in and started to drive it again I heard something from under the center console, like the drive shaft was rubbing from underneath as it was turning, like a schu.schu..schu..schu sound, hard to describe in typing. Is this any kind of a known problem? I know the driveshaft is not rebuildable and about a grand to replace. Also the rear passanger break was clicking when I applied the brakes. Any ideas?

Your help is much appreciated!!

Jerry

shogun
05-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Might be the center bearing of the drive shaft. Is possible to replace it, costs abt. 75 $ in parts. See on my website below and go to Johan and Sean's site, where it is described. With the brakes you might have to check the calipers, maybe they are stuck. There are also sets available to rebuild them.
Look out for leaks in the hydraulic system for the rear shocks. iL have LAD and the shocks costs abt. 450 $ a piece. See my website below under 'before buying...., very good check list.

93-525i
05-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. The car also has lots of this darker, dry liquid looking stuff all over inside of the engine bay. Any idea of what this could be? My friend's S320 has the same stuff on his valve cover, looked like dried oil but really hard, you can't scrape it off. By the way, this is a 1990 735iL.

Might be the center bearing of the drive shaft. Is possible to replace it, costs abt. 75 $ in parts. See on my website below and go to Johan and Sean's site, where it is described. With the brakes you might have to check the calipers, maybe they are stuck. There are also sets available to rebuild them.
Look out for leaks in the hydraulic system for the rear shocks. iL have LAD and the shocks costs abt. 450 $ a piece. See my website below under 'before buying...., very good check list.