PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please find me these part #'s...

E34 530
05-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Can someone please tell me the part numbers for the upper and lower radiator hoses for a 530i with production date 4/93. Realoem.com was working an hour ago and now it says browser cannot support function or something like that. If anyone is thinking of buying a Linksys wireless router, DON"T DO IT!! The thing goes out about every 3 days and the internet sucks with it. btw, can I just buy the hose clamps from any auto parts store, or am I asking for trouble?? Thanks and sorry for such a dumb question- Andrew

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/ripcurl530/2006_0525Image0001.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/ripcurl530/2006_0525Image0002.jpg

DABLACK
05-25-2006, 02:48 PM
here are your part #'s my friend
upper-11531741405 upper clamp->#11531742291
lower-11531741407 lower clamp->#07129952121

at the dealer we/they like to use the squeeze clamp but I feel good ol fashioned screw down ones do the trick, you can monitor how tight you want it. I use em with out any probs.
Good luck!

are there are any other thoughts on not using the squeeze types out there? (bad experiences)

SchnellE34
05-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Andrew,

I have installed many, many Linksys wireless routers with a high speed internet connection with very little trouble. Maybe you have a faulty router? I would highly suggest upgrading the firmware for the router, go to the Linksys' support website for more info on this.

-cP

Jon K
05-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Andrew - are you sending this project to me for the coolant flush/etc?

E34 530
05-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes, is that alright?? Since I decided to make the journey to the Chicago meet, I wanted to replace those two hoses because they seem a bit mushy. I don't think you will have to wory about the thermostat anymore, I think its the fan cluct that's making it overheat when sitting at a drive-thru. Jon, do you care if I stay while you put the suspension in and maybe I can help you out with little things here and there. I would still pay you the price your asking, I just don't think I can get a ride all the way there and then all the way back when it's done.

Jon K
05-25-2006, 03:58 PM
I think that's fine - it may take a bit. I don't mind ya watching just stay out of the way :p Nah thats cool. I honestly would replace the t-stat while you're doing stuff... its a cheap part and even if its not it, its replaced.

E34 530
05-25-2006, 03:59 PM
I think that's fine - it may take a bit. I don't mind ya watching just stay out of the way :p Nah thats cool. I honestly would replace the t-stat while you're doing stuff... its a cheap part and even if its not it, its replaced.
alright. what about the housing??

BillionPa
05-25-2006, 04:01 PM
I personally dont trust any linksys products after having problems with dozens of them.

the best routers i can find are by Xincom, and the best wireless hardware would be Hawking and Buffalo.

dlink is pretty good, although the stability isnt as high.

tgrandahl
05-25-2006, 04:12 PM
I personally dont trust any linksys products after having problems with dozens of them.

the best routers i can find are by Xincom, and the best wireless hardware would be Hawking and Buffalo.

dlink is pretty good, although the stability isnt as high.

Linksys had a lot of problems with there products before cisco bought into them. Ever sience then i havent had any trouble with there hardware although i havent bought any personaly. So i think if you have a linksys product you really have to look at the date on it, post merger, 3+ yrs old, or the fall of linksys. Linksys really did pioneer nat and home networking in general back in the day when boradband was starting to really roll out and you were stuck with one static ip. So what im saying is that i think linksys is a good company and im glad there not going to just end up like a compaq/quantum failure, and i think they deserve a second chance.

Jon K
05-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Andrew -

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HE23&mospid=47406&btnr=11_1415&hg=11&fg=35

Do a tstat, housing, and #8 should come with the tstat.

Oh also - coolant. I am gonna have to buy that for ya from the dealer or you can have it delivered

E34 530
05-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Andrew -

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HE23&mospid=47406&btnr=11_1415&hg=11&fg=35

Do a tstat, housing, and #8 should come with the tstat.

Oh also - coolant. I am gonna have to buy that for ya from the dealer or you can have it delivered

Already on top of that. Bought two jugs about 1 month ago along with distilled water. ;)

E34 530
05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Unfortunetley I can't view the realoem page, but I'm currently ordering a thermostat, housing, fan shroud, and thermostat gasket over at pelican parts.

E34 530
05-25-2006, 04:32 PM
btw Jon, you wouldn't happen to have any of those coolant hose clamps, would you??

Jon K
05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
btw Jon, you wouldn't happen to have any of those coolant hose clamps, would you??

I have CASES of clamps. What is the diameter?

E34 530
05-25-2006, 04:48 PM
I have CASES of clamps. What is the diameter?
not sure, it's the hoses for the upper and lower radiator hoses.

Jon K
05-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Just look at it and approximate? I have a bunch of boxes full of worm screw clamps, but I am not sure what sizes. Might be best to just order the couple.

E34 530
05-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Just look at it and approximate? I have a bunch of boxes full of worm screw clamps, but I am not sure what sizes. Might be best to just order the couple.
Alright, just ordered fan clutch, shroud, thermostat, thermostat housing and O-ring, and upper and lower radiator hoses. Should be here within 5 days. I'll let you know when everything comes in and we can set up a date. I'll stop over at autozone tomorrow and see what I can do with the clamps. Also, do you mind digging up that reciept that lists exactly what part was replaced w/ your sisters ps hose?? Thanks. Me=broke now ;) .

Jon K
05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Alright, just ordered fan clutch, shroud, thermostat, thermostat housing and O-ring, and upper and lower radiator hoses. Should be here within 5 days. I'll let you know when everything comes in and we can set up a date. I'll stop over at autozone tomorrow and see what I can do with the clamps. Also, do you mind digging up that reciept that lists exactly what part was replaced w/ your sisters ps hose?? Thanks. Me=broke now ;) .

I kind of have this "hey man fix this" relationship with a mechanic since my mom does his database/website... I am not sure how much it was.