PDA

View Full Version : CD changer

POBeemer
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Out of the blue today I started my car (98 E38) and went to turn the CD changer on, it's in the trunk. It told me no CD's I tried to eject the magazine, it buzzed and clicked a bit but nothing happened, after starting the car later the radio didn't even recognize there was a CD changer back there, meaning it didn't give me the CD button to push, any ideas???? If the CD changer is bad, is there something off the rack I can put in there, I believe it's just a Pioneer..... All I can think of is that it may have gotten a little wet, we had a hell of a rain storm here this morning.

pingu
05-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Don't know how much help this will be but when I bought my E34, the boot (trunk?) CD changer didn't work. It turned out that the previous owner had managed to jam 2 CDs into the boot changer. I took the boot changer apart to remove the stuck CDs but even after removing the jammed CDs it didn't work properly, so I replaced the stero system (and partly because I've always prefered front CD players to boot changers). If you pull away the boot lining you might be able to see a connector where the boot chager connects to the cable from the head unit - maybe check the contacts of the connector to make sure they're not damp/corroded.

POBeemer
05-29-2006, 12:09 PM
The Connector was it. I found it almost immediately after my post, I was in an accident last year and apparently when the body shop put the boot (trunk yes) back together they didn't put the connection together quite right. I've seen that 2 CD jamming thing before, don't know how someone does that manuever but it does kill changers. THANKS!!!!!!!