PDA

View Full Version : I wouldnt think to check that!

BillionPa
05-17-2006, 09:12 PM
so in the engine bay where the throttle cable connects to the throttle there is an adjuster...

i had about 6mm slack on the cable, now there is 0, and i cant wait to see how the engine responds to the foot when i get it off the jack stands.

I dont remember seeing anything about this adjuster in the bentley or on any sites, anyone else ever mess around with it?

632 Regal
05-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Zero play is not a good thing, need a little slack...ehhh youll figure that out soon enough.

so in the engine bay where the throttle cable connects to the throttle there is an adjuster...

i had about 6mm slack on the cable, now there is 0, and i cant wait to see how the engine responds to the foot when i get it off the jack stands.

I dont remember seeing anything about this adjuster in the bentley or on any sites, anyone else ever mess around with it?

shogun
05-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks to Bill R we have it
http://www.bimmernut.com/~billr/images/4hp22throttlecable.jpg

BillionPa
05-18-2006, 01:13 AM
so it says 0.25mm min slack... thats pretty much 0, i would think having it too tight would flip the idle out of whack.

i would say im right around half a mm from pulling on the plate, but then again i dont have the engine or tranny specified in that pic so no clue if thats about right or not.