PDA

View Full Version : Update w/ Low Beam HID System

AllGo'n'Show
04-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey all...

I know there is many posts about when you install your low beam HID systems you will get the headlight out warning lamp illuminating on your dash, could get anonying plus doesn't look to hot when you got warnings popping up and freinds in the car.

I think I have found something out, unless I've just missed it reading other posts....

I currently own an 89 735iL, California Car *US Spec*.
Bought an Helios HID system yesterday, lows are 9006, but 9005 work as well if you know what your doing.

The system is full plug and play, so took out the old, put in the new, mounted the ignitor and balast and went to town. After I put it in I went ****, forgot to lookup the Low beam HID fix, turned the car on, turned the HID's on, drove around, no warning light.

I believe the problem with the warning message is in the DRL system. When you have DRL on 90+ vehicles in Canada, you have to have the lights working at all times, therefor if one is out, you shoudl replace it so your back in the legal state. Back in 89 there was no rule about that so therefor the DRL System doesn't exsist and therefor if you turn on your headlights its to see something, if one doesn't light up, fix it, not as easy in the day if your inside the car.

I wil post up some pictures of the HID's and the install, very simple, TONS more light on the road, I love it :)

AllGo'n'Show
05-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Just as an additional note, same thing goes for the Foglights, put HID's in and no warning.