PDA

View Full Version : LAD -> Non-LAD Lowering spring question

AllGo'n'Show
04-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey all....

so I bought an H&R Lowering spring set before form my local tuner to throw onto the car. Got the fronts installed through work, loving them so far.

The rear springs are broken and the rear LAD struts blown out. My mechanic at work was saying he didn't think the rears were LAD struts but wasn't sure, were going to check sometime soon here as the springs definatly need replacement.

What I was thinking was removing the LAD struts, putting in normal Bilsteins or something, plugging up the LAD system if they exsist then throwing it all back together.

My question is, will the LAD Lowering springs I got from H&R, work on a modified to Non-LAD car?
Or do I have to send the LAD springs back and get non-LAD springs?

Thanks for anyones help!

shogun
04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Maybe you ask H&R in Germany directly.
Usually the springs on standard LAD are softer than normal ones. So maybe if the H&R are made for LAD, they might also be softer, but that is just speculation.
To find out if you have LAD is very easy, just check if the shocks have a hydraulik hose at the bottom.
I also sent you a link on the U.K. board where you can buy in Germany some used LAD shocks.

AllGo'n'Show
04-24-2006, 09:05 PM
thanks, sent them an email.

I will throw her on the hoist tomorrow to see if they are LAD. I'm pretty sure they are becuase I was playing with the control arm for the controller box on the rear sway bar before, unless he changed them out and left most of the system installed.

I will shoot H&R an email directly and see what they have to say about it.