PDA

View Full Version : The missing X & Z factors ......

Zeuk in Oz
04-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Jeff's (632 Regal) posting of the Bad News April Fools thread from 2 years ago got me thinking about appreciating this forum - thanks again Ed - we'd probably all be out mugging old ladies were it not for this, our second family and home ! :)

What has always puzzled me though is the lack of a board for X and Z BMWs, or for that matter a miscellaneous board.

I realise that many of these vehicles share motors and drive-trains with many of the saloons, but still couldn't quite explain it.

Given that there is a Mini board and a 1 series board, I would also have presumed there would be an X board and Z board.

Not being critical as the forum's make-up is not for me to criticise, just wondering .....?

I keep looking at the diesel X5 and thinking it would be so much nicer to drive than the Ml 270 CDI ! :D

wingman
04-03-2006, 03:30 AM
Can I be presumptuous and risk offending somone? No? Okay I will. The rareity of the Z1 probably excludes it from most boards even though it has the luscious powerhouse M20 525 engine fitted :D . The Z3? enough said. Z8? Those who can afford them probably don't work on themselves so have no use for a forum. X3? Who buys them? My youngest is still traumatised after seeing his first one. After 12 months of counselling and natural therapy he is finally coming good. He just couldn't come to terms with the BMW roundel being on such a monstrosity. X5? Spartanburg's finest will have its forum limelight but I predict it will be in 5 years time. Not now.

wingman
04-03-2006, 03:38 PM
I forgot the Z4. Actually I have seen so few of them on the road it would seem that Australia has also forgotten the Z4.

Randell
04-04-2006, 03:58 AM
I forgot the Z4. Actually I have seen so few of them on the road it would seem that Australia has also forgotten the Z4.

are you serious? i see them everywhere in perth.. they are awesome, especially the 'sound tube'... i didn't believe it at first but then i saw the schematic, it's a tube that runs from the engine bay to the passenger footwell, to umm... enhance engine noise

bmw is the best!

wingman
04-04-2006, 04:12 AM
are you serious? i see them everywhere in perth.. they are awesome, especially the 'sound tube'... i didn't believe it at first but then i saw the schematic, it's a tube that runs from the engine bay to the passenger footwell, to umm... enhance engine noise

bmw is the best!

I must have my eyes closed. I happen to like them also but waaaaaaay out of my price range.

Zeuk in Oz
04-04-2006, 03:51 PM
The reason for the post was that you can't move in my area for X5s (more than half of them diesel) and I see quite a few Z4s here as well.

Can't understand why anyone would buy an X3 when for very little extra you can have the real thing - an X5.

Still can't get over the test drive I had in one, 4WD go-cart !:)

GJPinAU
04-04-2006, 10:36 PM
ALL X5s, Prados, Pajeros, LandCruisers etc are like 2nd hand cigarette smoke. Its the harm they do to other people!

Zeuk in Oz
04-04-2006, 10:46 PM
ALL X5s, Prados, Pajeros, LandCruisers etc are like 2nd hand cigarette smoke. Its the harm they do to other people!
You left out F250s (:D ), Kenworths, Macks etc.
Survival of the heaviest ! ;)
BTW, the greatest disposable asset on this planet is human life ! After all, apart from to our loved ones, we have no intrinsic value ! :D

wingman
04-04-2006, 11:06 PM
You left out F250s (:D ), Kenworths, Macks etc.
Survival of the heaviest ! ;)
BTW, the greatest disposable asset on this planet is human life ! After all, apart from to our loved ones, we have no intrinsic value ! :D

Let's not open this can of worms... I don't have time. I've got to go and give a lecture to about 100 new policing students about the service firearm:D

Zeuk in Oz
04-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Let's not open this can of worms... I don't have time. I've got to go and give a lecture to about 100 new policing students about the service firearm:D
Good luck ! It would be interesting to know how many of them had used a firearm prior to the course - I suspect fewer and fewer ?