PDA

View Full Version : Question

ArtemLepilov
03-30-2006, 01:38 PM
I have the parts car that I wnat ot get the dash out of... Now the problem is - I got no idea how to pull the dash out :-S...

Interior is gone... everything is out... I have no idea how to get the dash out.. I just dont see any screws to remove.

-Artem

Kalevera
03-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I have the parts car that I wnat ot get the dash out of... Now the problem is - I got no idea how to pull the dash out :-S...

Interior is gone... everything is out... I have no idea how to get the dash out.. I just dont see any screws to remove.

-Artem

Few bolts. Been a while since I've done one. Believe there are one bolt per outside lower edge (near kickpanel speakers) and one or two bolts up by the vin plate and in the same location on the passenger's side. Believe they're all 8.8 M8s. It's fun to pull with the ducting in place, but not much you can do about that.

best, whit

Rustam
03-30-2006, 07:22 PM

-Artem

I once done this job - there are bolts right behind the windshield pillar covers - those covers are attached with clips so pry but carefully. You will find more bolts if you remove panels from under the dash - at the side next to the doors, and I think at the frame that curves around leg space by the steering shaft... More bolts should be around - not a hard thing to find scrutinizing around the perimeter of the dash...

ArtemLepilov
03-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Great, thank you all.. As soon as I pull the tranny and the rest of the engine (tomorrow) I sohuld be all set to pull the dash and look for bolts and scrap the car :D

-Artem