PDA

View Full Version : E34 Alarm wiring - Central locking and window closure

MartinUK
03-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi all,

I've just installed a Clifford G5 alarm system into my 1989 E34 5 series. The install was relatively straight-forward, but there are one or two wires I have yet to find.

I have wired into the central locking via the wires coming from the driver's side door switch. Locking works fine with a positive pulse to the lock side of the switch.

Unlock seems to require a positive pulse to the unlock? wire and to break another wire simultaneously? Does anybody have details of these wires and their functions? The wiring diagrams I have obtained do not describe all the switch operations on the door. I would also like to know if anybody has got their alarm to do the dead-lock as well.

I would like to interface to the window lift feature - I know that if you hold the key in the deadlock position, this will raise the windows on my E34. I saw an article somewhere on the web where someone had done this just by adding a couple of diodes, looked pretty neat but I didn't save the article and now I can't find it anywhere!

Lastly, I'd like to interface to the dome-lights. Just need to find the wire - ideally coming down from one of the front pillars.

If anyone could help me at all with these issues I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Martin.

talltorontoguy
03-17-2004, 11:27 AM
http://www.nettally.com/dale/bim.html

That link could get you started. I installed a cheap bulldog keyless entry system in my car last year. All the wires you need to access are in the harness under the rear seat.

With my system, I was able to achieve the following:

- remote ock / unlock
- horn confirmation (kind of sucks)
- parking light confirmation (lock / unlock)
- interior lights come on when trigger unlock
- double lock (security lock, whatever)
- auto window / sunroof closure (requires to hold down button)

I cannot remember the exact way I did this, but if you search this and other boards, maybe the net generally under Bulldog Keyless Entry and E34 or 535 you should be able to find the various elements you need.

I know you are using clifford, but the outputs on these are generally similar. I do remember something about some systems having positive triggers and others having negative triggers....

Research is key.

Rod

MartinUK
03-18-2004, 04:53 AM
Thanks Rod, that was exactly the article I was looking for!

Derek A.
03-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Did the original BMW alarm plug in on the earlier cars ? I know on later e34's it was put under the backseat. I hear the earlier cars it goes in the kick panel by the drivers feet. Are all the points there ti interface with the car or is there a better spot to locate this ?

talltorontoguy
03-18-2004, 09:10 AM
I do remember reading about some cars having alarm under the kick panel, and some under the back seat. I'm not sure which years were which.