PDA

View Full Version : Miami, FL Good BMW Shop ?

theurig
02-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Ok folks I am new to this forum, I just recently purchased a meticulously maintainted E34 wagon. I love this car!!! The car currently needs nothing, I need a good shop with a BMW enthusiast mechanic for my oil changes and all other maintenenace. Someone please recommend someone in the Miami or Fort Lauderdale area..
E34 all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DanDombrowski
02-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Well, I wish I could give you some advice, but its been so long since I bought my car, that I can't remember the name of the place that the previous owner had it serviced. In any event, she claimed he was knowledgeable about the car, but didn't know some common things (about the thrust arms), used green coolant, etc. I think the shop was just named "Fernando's" and was in the south beach area. I have no idea why I'm telling you this, I really have no idea and am probably giving bad advice.

The other shop I know of is all the way up in the lake worth area. Its called Avenue Imports, and its located on Georgia Ave, off of Forest Hill Blvd. They only work on Volvo's and BMWs. I don't go there anymore since they're not very good about scheduling (after driving a long way only to be told that they're too busy to honor my appointment), but if I had a major repair that I didn't feel like doing myself, like a headgasket, I would take it there. They know their cars anyway. But you wanted someone for maintenance, so here I go again not giving you any info you need.

If you find anyone in the Miami or Ft. Lauderdale area that will do a proper BMW alignment (preferrably an indy BMW shop), let me know, as I'm looking for one.

theurig
02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Ok I'll keep my eyes open!! I am surprised no one has found, a good BMW indy shop in the Miami , Ft Lauderdale area!!! There are a few good Mercedes Indy's !! I am looking for that shop with about 2 E28s ,3 E34's and a 2004 745li parked at the front. And in the back the owners E34 M5. Tell me where that shop is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zhandax
03-03-2006, 07:00 AM
He may have retired, and is stark raving insane, but if Bob Wood still has a shop in Ft Lauderdale or Pompano, he is your man. I took my E12 to him for whatever it needed (now you know why he may have retired) when I lived down there. The guy charged me $100 to replace the wiring harness in my 530i.

Best I can recall, he was on NE 7th. At least it was in the commercial area bounded by N Dixie and I95 and between Commercial and Cypress creek. Knows his stuff and easy on the wallet. Good ol' Georgia boy, so you have to listen to him, and he can talk at you for an hour when he is done. Best to pick up the car after 5:00 when he starts thinking about dinner.

He had a lot of Mac tool posters on the walls; I bet if you see the tool truck, the driver can probably tell you if Bob is still around and where to find him.

theurig
03-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Whatever you do , do not go to Munich Autohaus in North Miami. My car's power steering / LAD fluid started to leak on me suddenly over the weekend. So my steering was like a bus and the back of the car was bouncing like a yoyo. I had the car towed there. I called the guy in the afternoon, and he says and I quote " I don't know what's wrong with it". I didn't even know what to say, and they call themselves BMW experts. So much for that.!! I have it at another shop, I'll let you all know how that goes.

DanDombrowski
03-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Probably didn't want the trouble of putting it up on a lift. They probably assumed that you would decline the repair anyway bieng that it would be expensive relative to the value of the car and they would be wasting their time. Typical of poor service shops. They like quick, easy money like brakes and air filter changes, but with the premium price of working on high end imports. Not suprised, and thanks for the heads up.

miami325e
06-03-2006, 04:22 PM
hey, the best place in miami for bmw's is leira's service station by coral way and ludlam road, this guy does my maintenance on my e30 325e and everytime I go there I see nice cars: a mid year porsche 911 getting service, my buddys e30 325i goes there too for service.He was or is a racer and has a bunch of racing trophies in his office. The guy does only foreign cars: specifically porsche, bmw, mercedes, audi and volkswagen. He diagnosed correctly a coolant leak that I had. I took it too him knowing what the problem was, being that I had taken my car to south motors bmw the stealership and they diagnosed the coolant leak of the heater core but wanted about 1700 for the repair which involved 8 hours of labor which was taking apart the dashboard. I took it too leira's service station and told him I was smelling coolant in the ac(happens when your heater core leaks) and he diagnosed the heater core leak perfectly and he fixed the leak he said by rerouting the hose that was leaking back in! Total cost of coolant fix including a coolant flush and new coolant cap,etc. was 145. Big Difference. Go to Leira's. Great Service. Nice Guy. Probably know how to cream you in a race also!

miami325e
06-05-2006, 10:28 AM
the phone number is to leiras 305 261 0173 tell the guy with the banana beige e30 sent you.