PDA

View Full Version : Battery Light on when car off but not when car on

AllGo'n'Show
02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Hey all,

So I bought a new Alternator but ofcourse it was Bosch and no one told me the pullys needed to be new as well. So I ordered those out of germany but they are going to take atleast a week. So I decided to try and swap over the voltage regulator, sure enough that worked out pretty good.

One problem now though, the battery light stays on when the car is off, but when the car is on its ok. I know when the battery light is on when the car is on the system is not charging itself, correct? So I'm thinking when the light is on when the car is off, their must be a short somewhere in the system *my guess is the 2 wires on the back as I played with them for awhile*

Can anyone verify my theory before I rip apart a possibly perfectly good alternator?

AllGo'n'Show
02-11-2006, 05:43 AM
Nope :)

Its correct, part numbers match. Ended up being the negative was just lsightly resting on the postive, completing a circuit, draing the battery and leaving the battery light on. Fixed the wire today and everything is good to go!

AllGo'n'Show
02-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Never said it was shotty work, when u tighten a bolt with a connector of that style the connector grabs the bolt and turns with it. Never noticed it while i was tightening it, fixed it and now its good.