PDA

View Full Version : Clutch goes in, revs go UP?!?

Jesda
02-07-2006, 12:32 PM
On the highway, when I put the clutch down and let off the gas to shift, the revs shoot up. On other cars I've drive, the revs drop when I push the clutch pedal. Is something screwy? Its as if some mysterious force is holding on to the gas pedal while I have the clutch down.

If I tap the brake lightly after pushing the clutch, the revs will drop as they should.

Scott H
02-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Are you using cruise control while doing this? If so, the clutch switch is not telling the cruise computer that you have pushed the clutch pedal in and as you slow down the cruise computer thinks it needs to accelerate to maintain speed.

It's in a weird spot in the ETK......with the cruise control diagram....

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD13&mospid=47408&btnr=66_0057&hg=66&fg=20

On the highway, when I put the clutch down and let off the gas to shift, the revs shoot up. On other cars I've drive, the revs drop when I push the clutch pedal. Is something screwy? Its as if some mysterious force is holding on to the gas pedal while I have the clutch down.

If I tap the brake lightly after pushing the clutch, the revs will drop as they should.

Jesda
02-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Are you using cruise control while doing this? If so, the clutch switch is not telling the cruise computer that you have pushed the clutch pedal in and as you slow down the cruise computer thinks it needs to accelerate to maintain speed.

I think you may have solved my problem, and now I feel stupid.

Thanks. :)

Scott H
02-07-2006, 12:43 PM
it's in the cruise control section of the ETK

I think you may have solved my problem, and now I feel stupid.

Thanks. :)

Jesda
02-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea what an ETK is?

Scott H
02-07-2006, 01:44 PM
pretty easy to get in there and replace that switch....just need to take some trim panels off under the steering wheel

Pardon my ignorance, but I have no idea what an ETK is?