PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!New stereo ...

Guapo
01-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Followed the writeup on bmwe34.net and its working flawlessley. I just used the connector and antenna adapter from Circiut City. Picked up a Clarion DXZ745MP for cheap (year or two old model). I really wanted to keep factory color lighting and keep things fairly low key. This one allows you do fine tune the display color quite a bit. The stereo sounds great. No crackling, no hiss, etc.

http://www.guapozx.com/guapozx/d/3662-5/IMG_1976.JPG

http://www.guapozx.com/guapozx/d/3654-5/IMG_1978.JPG

hakwuzhere
01-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Nice... always tough to colormatch our cars... Just ordered a new system myself.

Alpine CDA9857 (color adjustable)
JL Audio 500/1 and 450/4 amplifiers
JL Audio 10w6v2 Subwoofer
Boston Acoustics Z5 Component Speakers

Qube
01-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Blends in very nicely!

R1daveg
01-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Night color looks great.
Is it a hard job to install in these cars?

smcgowan
01-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Did it work with your Factory CD changer or did you have one?

liquidtiger720
01-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Can I see a picture of the harness installed + everything?

Here is mine @ night btw: :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/liquidtiger720/IMG_0645Large.jpg

Qube
01-19-2006, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=liquidtiger720]Can I see a picture of the harness installed + everything?

Here is mine @ night btw: :)
[QUOTE]

Don't forget to set the custom graphic! I have a scrolling BMW logo ;)

NovceGuru
01-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Nice... always tough to colormatch our cars... Just ordered a new system myself.

Alpine CDA9857 (color adjustable)
JL Audio 500/1 and 450/4 amplifiers
JL Audio 10w6v2 Subwoofer
Boston Acoustics Z5 Component Speakers

Haha, awesome, I have the Alpine CDA9847, it looks great at night, a little hard to read in the middle of the day though....I must need darker tint :D I'll post some pics of it along with the car one of these days...

Incantation
01-19-2006, 05:01 PM
cool.. i've got the dxz845mc .. i see you have the display set to "mandarin" ?

:)

it's a nice little unit the only annoying thing is when you are tuning your sub/bass/treble/fader/pan/etc it won't change back to default (volume) if you just leave it.. does it do the same on yours?

Guapo
01-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Night color looks great.
Is it a hard job to install in these cars?

Very simple compared to others I have worked on.

Did it work with your Factory CD changer or did you have one?

I had one, and it is no longer operational. This one reads MP3's however, so I really have no more use for the changer.

Can I see a picture of the harness installed + everything?

Sorry, I didn't take any pics. Honestly, I simply bought the BMW harness from CC. It plugs into the factory harness. The other end had a universal white plug, which I cut off. I then matched wires color for color to the harness for the head unit. Soldered and heat shrinked the connections. Not much to it.

cool.. i've got the dxz845mc .. i see you have the display set to "mandarin" ?

it's a nice little unit the only annoying thing is when you are tuning your sub/bass/treble/fader/pan/etc it won't change back to default (volume) if you just leave it.. does it do the same on yours?

I dunno what I have it set to. Haven't played with the display options other than the color.

On it not returning to volume, yes it does it. I think it is a Clarion thing. I had an old one in another car and it did the same thing. Not a huge deal for me since once I set it I usually leave it alone.

ProZak
01-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Where'd you buy it? That's a nice head unit, and it looks like it's compatible with Clarion's iPod interface.