PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!

Elekta
01-13-2006, 08:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3299.jpg

Still can't get the headlight washers to work, though it plumbed out successfully.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3305.jpg
I don't think I have a slot for the relay in my panel. The blanks cover plates are blank! Who'd a thunk it?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3304.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3301.jpg

Elekta
01-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Scott, these are coming your way!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3306.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3308.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3307.jpg

Scott H
01-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Your wagon is coming together really nicely!!! I don't think my silver wagon will ever look like that....although I do have an extra set of M5 wheels that will end up on it during the summer and my Thule rack is installed :D

thanks for the wiring harnesses. I'm literally wrapping up my conversion tonight and it should be streetable in 2 hours.

That bumper looks GREAT

angrypancake
01-13-2006, 09:54 PM
in the words of Peter Griffin (cause im just not that original): freakin sweeeeeet

Elekta
01-13-2006, 09:57 PM
You will have to tell me how hard it all was. I am seriously thinking of putting the wife's 92 535ia motor in my tourer. The 3.0 is really a pig with all the weight. I'd hate to lose the 5speed tranny as it really makes a difference towing, and doing the swap to manual seems too far out there for me.

For now I am just enjoying the M5 body kit. Never thought a month could be so long.

MTV
01-13-2006, 11:40 PM
From what model E34 did the front bumper assembly with the washers come from? Thank you.

Phil Sanderson
01-14-2006, 03:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/DSCN3299.jpg

...the M5 bumpers and the side skirts are a real effort (financially) to do, but they make a huge difference - and with the throwing stars - the car looks great! On the photo if you put your hand over the rear half of the car, it looks like Jr's M5... maybe next year's Virtual Car Show?

regards
Phil

Derek A.
01-14-2006, 06:43 AM
You should be able to get away with putting a later 4.0 + motor in the car. Its pre OBDII and everything should bolt up. At worse case scencario - Mark may have to do some custom chip work for ya.

You will have to tell me how hard it all was. I am seriously thinking of putting the wife's 92 535ia motor in my tourer. The 3.0 is really a pig with all the weight. I'd hate to lose the 5speed tranny as it really makes a difference towing, and doing the swap to manual seems too far out there for me.

For now I am just enjoying the M5 body kit. Never thought a month could be so long.

Jr ///M5
01-14-2006, 07:06 AM
Wow Geoff! It's really looking good! I think that thing needs some Style 5 wheels on it..;)

I can't believe the relay sockets are blanked off. This calls for more investigation and research. Do you think the wiring socket is under there? Just waiting to be opened? Maybe there's a harness that's available, even from a parts car in Germany?

Hope you get it working, the car sure does look good.

Jr

Elekta
01-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks Jr.

I will take some better pics of the fuse panel, take those blanks off and see what I have. Do you think a VIN ID might help tell me what I have? My friend wants to just french the headlight pump wire in with the regular washers and I said not just yet.

Next up, close the gap up front. I'm sure a call up to Zaraska for some M5 front suspension parts will be necessary...and some bigger brakes to prevent those sub 30mph panic stops where the abs works against you.

I also have my aft headliner with the roof speakers to replace. I;m thinking of going with vinyl this time to prevent the wet dog from delaminating it like he did the last time.

cheers everyone and a new sig pic will be taken today!

how bout them horns, geoff

Jr ///M5
01-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Ok, so my curiosity had got the best of me. I looked up your car on my ETK and found....

1. We need a new wiper switch, the one on the steering column. It has a function that squirts the headlights. Part # 61 31 8 351 196

2. I also found this....a high pressure headlight cleaning system retrofit kit.
Part # 82-19-9-404-445.

The breakdown of the part description tells about a wiring harness that I couldn't seem to find anywhere else on the ETK. That doesn't mean it's not there, I just couldn't find it after searching for an hour. Look it up and see what I mean. It's sort of vague, but it might be worth checking into your dealer and see what kind of price we're talking and if the wiring harness can be had seperately. They might even be able to tell you if you can make it work without installing a different wiper control switch.

Hope this helps some. Stay on track, we'll get this sucker to work one way or another..

Jr

Elekta
01-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Did you do GF65231 on realoem?

I am not doing intensive washing with the tank full of special paint eating cleaner...just the headlight washing.

It does make sense that if I do not have the right wiper stalk, then all wiring and relays associated must be adapted.

What we really need is to find a v8, 3.0 or 4.0 euro or US spec and take some snaps of the fuse panel, wiper stalk and tank install.

Any 540's out there with headlight washers wanna pony up some digi's?

Had a killer opp to take a pic this morning at Lake Austin with a just risen sun and a little fog on the water....camera says NO CARD PRESENT.

doh

Paul in NZ
01-14-2006, 05:09 PM
you might need a different switch for the intensive clean but the headlight wash is independent of the wiper switch,or at least not directly controlled from the wiper switch

Torque
01-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Car is looking great. Maybe a drop next?

Jr ///M5
01-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Did you do GF65231 on realoem?

No, I changed my ETK mode for European and looked up your '94 Euro Touring. That's where I found the wiper stalk, and the kit. It was under group 61 I think, the electrical end of the car. It also gave an EBA# 9788808, which is like a bulletin procedure. When I tried the number on my EBA disc, nothing came up. The number is there, but I'm missing something.

I'm not sure if the headlamp washers will work without the wiper stalk. The only thing I have to compare it to is Lori's '01 525. It has a special push position on the wiper stalk that squirts the intensive washer solution. The wipers and the headlights both get washed at triple the pressure and twice the solution as a regular wash/wipe.

Like you say, we need someone with a Euro headlamp washer to see if it's part of the windshield system or not. Pictures sure would help...

I talked to Scott H. today and mentioned it to him, and he said this guy in the UK that he got the rear headrests from might be able to help. That is, if we can determine what exactly is needed to make the damn thing work!

We're not done yet...;)
Jr

Elekta
01-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks Jr, I really appreciate your energy.

Better sig pic soon.

Jr ///M5
01-15-2006, 09:28 AM
The Canadian models are the answer. The headlight washers are standard for them. I think that's the pattern we need to follow. The wiring diagram is on page EWD (electrical wiring diagram) -147 in the Bentley manual. If you don't have a Bentley, isn't there an online version?

Now for a couple questions for you.

When you installed the intensive washer tank, was there a loose plug nearby for plugging in the washer pump motor? If there was, do you know what color the wires were? I think you should be looking for a Black/Gray wire and a Black/Brown. The second color listed is a tracer color, so the Black/Gray wire is a Black wire with a Gray tracer color. OK?

Now, let's look for a different spot to plug in the relay.

Directly in front of the left shock tower there should be another covered plastic box. This is an auxillary relay panel. I'm not for sure that it is there on the Euro model or not, but let's see. If it is....please be there, please be there....your relay should plug into the opening closest to the front of the car, toward the engine, or the upper left hand corner as viewed from above.

I have one more question for you. When you installed the washers in the bumper, was there a small pair of wires that was nearby? The washer nozzles have heaters in them to keep them from freezing up. I'm mainly checking to see if the wires were roughed in when they built the car or if we need to source the wiring harness.

Let me know what you find out.

This sucker is GOING TO WORK DAMMIT!!!:D

Jr

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
01-15-2006, 02:19 PM
No, I changed my ETK mode for European and looked up your '94 Euro Touring. That's where I found the wiper stalk, and the kit. It was under group 61 I think, the electrical end of the car. It also gave an EBA# 9788808, which is like a bulletin procedure. When I tried the number on my EBA disc, nothing came up. The number is there, but I'm missing something.

I'm not sure if the headlamp washers will work without the wiper stalk. The only thing I have to compare it to is Lori's '01 525. It has a special push position on the wiper stalk that squirts the intensive washer solution. The wipers and the headlights both get washed at triple the pressure and twice the solution as a regular wash/wipe.

Like you say, we need someone with a Euro headlamp washer to see if it's part of the windshield system or not. Pictures sure would help...

I talked to Scott H. today and mentioned it to him, and he said this guy in the UK that he got the rear headrests from might be able to help. That is, if we can determine what exactly is needed to make the damn thing work!

We're not done yet...;)
Jr

I have intensive wash and headlight wash on the M5. If the headlights are on and the normal wash is selected (pull lever toward steering wheel) the window wash comes on as does the extra pump for the headlight wash. The headlight wash only cycles every 4th or 5th use of the normal window wash.

When doing an intensive wash (press stalk toward steering column) the normal wash and intensive wash pumps cycle alternately at about 1 seconds each as long as you are depressing the button. I don't remember if the headlight wash is always present during this cycle or if it cycles each 4th or 5th time as above.

Elekta
01-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I only have the headlight wash plumbed. I do not have the intensive tank. I need to know where the relay goes on the 3.0 v8 euro spec. We all have slightly different fuse/relay panels and plumbling scenario's.

Maybe this Canadian M540 (http://willz.ca/GA64934.htm) will offer a few clues.

http://willz.ca/images/FR.JPG
I'll try to get aholt of zaraska and see if he still has this monster.