PDA

View Full Version : OT: Data Recovery Programs - Recommendations

Jeff C
03-10-2004, 11:57 PM
I'm running windows 98, was transferring files from a firewire hard drive to an internal hardrive, unplugged the firewire cable by accident (thought it was another unused firewire device) and then I lost access to the internal drive.

The internal drive was set up using partition magic 7 with 2 logical partitions. When I run PM7 it shows one unformatted primary partition. Of course I didn't image the drive :( Everything is gone. - have not yet checked the external drive - not as much a concern.

Any thoughts on a data recovery program that will allow me to recover the contents or any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks a million

jeff

Rory
03-11-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm running windows 98, was transferring files from a firewire hard drive to an internal hardrive, unplugged the firewire cable by accident (thought it was another unused firewire device) and then I lost access to the internal drive.

The internal drive was set up using partition magic 7 with 2 logical partitions. When I run PM7 it shows one unformatted primary partition. Of course I didn't image the drive :( Everything is gone. - have not yet checked the external drive - not as much a concern.

Any thoughts on a data recovery program that will allow me to recover the contents or any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks a million

jeff
Hi Jeff,

Sounds like it is time for a new computer. Windows '98?? :)

To try and recover your current data, I would suggest checking http://www.bitmart.net/. Not a bad piece of software and hopefully it can help you out. I believe they have a trial and a free version if you are hesitant to buy a license. Good luck in the recovery.

Best,
Rory