PDA

View Full Version : fuel check valve

jiminEcricket
12-27-2005, 08:46 AM
does anyone know where i can get the fuel check valve to stop my hard starts? preferably without a lot of hassle. i think i am tired of the extended crank times (1989 525i) thanks for any help.

632 Regal
12-27-2005, 09:14 AM
you can get the valve at BM, check the vacumme hose going to it for cracks too. Have you tried turning the key to the on position for a few seconds before you crank it?

gale
12-27-2005, 11:46 AM
The BMW "kit" is about $5, p/n 16 14 9 068 988. For that matter, just about any automotive parts place will have an inexpensive check valve, just insert it in series with the fuel line back by the filter which is under the car, forward of the trunk, inside of the right-rear wheel. The new check valve will have an arrow on it indicting direction of flow, and aim it in the same direction as the flow arrows on the existing fuel filter (assumes the filter was not previously installed backwards).

dacoyote
12-27-2005, 11:47 AM
The BMW "kit" is about $5, p/n 16 14 9 068 988. For that matter, just about any automotive parts place will have an inexpensive check valve, just insert it in series with the fuel line back by the filter which is under the car, forward of the trunk, inside of the right-rear wheel. The new check valve will have an arrow on it indicting direction of flow, and aim it in the same direction as the flow arrows on the existing fuel filter (assumes the filter was not previously installed backwards).

Buy the bmw one....

jiminEcricket
12-27-2005, 11:58 AM
appreciate your help. i will call the local for that right away. oh, hold the key on for a few seconds does not help. but this info does , thanks again

Javier
12-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Leaking injectors, hoses or regulator could also be the problem.

Javier

Alexlind123
12-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I dont mean to "hijack" the thread, but i also have extended crank times. It has stayed exactly the same since i first looked at the car to now. I kind of assumed it was the check valve, but pausing the key in the "on" position does not change anything.

Perhaps netiher of us have a bad check valve and it is somethign else?