PDA

View Full Version : Double Locking

slip
11-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey all,

Got a wee prob with the locking.

Everytime i try to unlock the car, it unlocks, then locks again. If i try again, it unlocks properly.

This is the same with the key and with the alarms unlocking thing (aftermarket alarm).

I've tried various methods to try and unlock normally (only turning the key a little way, resyncronising the locks etc) and nothing seems to work. All the fuses seem to be in tact. I'm at a loss of what to do.

Any clever ideas?

Thanks

uscharalph
11-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Hey all,

Got a wee prob with the locking.

Everytime i try to unlock the car, it unlocks, then locks again. If i try again, it unlocks properly.

This is the same with the key and with the alarms unlocking thing (aftermarket alarm).

I've tried various methods to try and unlock normally (only turning the key a little way, resyncronising the locks etc) and nothing seems to work. All the fuses seem to be in tact. I'm at a loss of what to do.

Any clever ideas?

Thanks
I had that problem when the wire to my trunk lock got severed at the trunk hinge.

slip
11-19-2005, 12:47 AM
I had that problem when the wire to my trunk lock got severed at the trunk hinge.

Hmmm... trunk lock still works fine... so any wire disconected from the locking system could cause it?

uscharalph
11-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Hmmm... trunk lock still works fine... so any wire disconected from the locking system could cause it?
That's how the system works. It's like any break in the locking chain causes the symptom you described.

slip
11-19-2005, 12:53 AM
That's how the system works. It's like any break in the locking chain causes the symptom you described.

Oh goody. :(

laguner
11-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I cured this recently with some help from a guy in New Zealand. There is a 7.5 amp fuse under the back seat that is blown. Took me about 5 minutes to fix. It is the middle fuse on the right rear end of the box when you are in the rear driver's side door opening.

shogun
11-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Or a defective microswitch. See on my website the link to Johan & Sean's page.

slip
11-20-2005, 12:07 PM
I checked all the fuses. they are okay. Looks like it might be the microswitch.

Thanks guys.

Javier
11-20-2005, 04:58 PM
by the driver's side hinge in the trunk lid. It will do no harm to check this frequent source of lock system issues.

Javier

slip
11-28-2005, 03:06 AM
by the driver's side hinge in the trunk lid. It will do no harm to check this frequent source of lock system issues.

Javier

Just checked the trunk wiring... found 6 wires all with the casings broken, though wires still connected. Taped them up, but the doors still not locking normally. Any suggestions?

genphreak
11-28-2005, 05:21 AM
ANswer is back in the thread. Shogun: microswitch- Sean and Johan's pages..

Javier
11-28-2005, 06:34 AM
available key holes. I mean, both front doors and trunk. Remember you should not double lock the doors for the trunk key hole to be able to unlock the system.

I'm interested to see if there is one lock that works fine, as it would be the culprit. My car is doing the same thing "Unlock / lock / unlock again", only noticed it when engine is running (typically when I'm leaving a passenger, may be also in "D", and have not been able to debug it, though I have not put enough effort).

I fear the culprit is the trunk lock, may be it is acting lazy, and it is issuing a lock command early after unlocking the system. If so, may be some lube in the linkage will help, as long as the micro switch inside the actuator is working fine (It is if lock works fine with the key).

Javier

slip
11-28-2005, 01:02 PM
available key holes. I mean, both front doors and trunk. Remember you should not double lock the doors for the trunk key hole to be able to unlock the system.

I'm interested to see if there is one lock that works fine, as it would be the culprit. My car is doing the same thing "Unlock / lock / unlock again", only noticed it when engine is running (typically when I'm leaving a passenger, may be also in "D", and have not been able to debug it, though I have not put enough effort).

I fear the culprit is the trunk lock, may be it is acting lazy, and it is issuing a lock command early after unlocking the system. If so, may be some lube in the linkage will help, as long as the micro switch inside the actuator is working fine (It is if lock works fine with the key).

Javier

The trunk unlocks and locks the car normally, but both driver's and passengers door both double lock. So that makes it the boot lock then?

Javier
11-28-2005, 04:51 PM
in both locked positions, I mean, horizontally, and locked vertical? is there any difference?

Javier

slip
11-29-2005, 01:29 AM
in both locked positions, I mean, horizontally, and locked vertical? is there any difference?

Javier

Sorry, I'm not sure i understand what you're saying. I'm such a noob.

angrypancake
11-29-2005, 01:50 AM
If you're looking at your trunk lock. There are two positions in which it can be locked. If you were to run outside and lock your trunk right quick, and turn the key to the right, then that would be the horizontal position because when you pulled the key out, the entrance point for the key woould be horizontal. Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

forgive the horrible Paint drawing but i put it together in like 30 seconds
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1333/untitled5jx.png

I believe that's what Javier meant by horizontal and vertical

slip
11-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Just went and had a wee look...

doesn't matter if the trunk lock is horizontal or vertical, it still relocks itself.

What now?

Paul in NZ
11-29-2005, 04:52 AM
double lock is a confusing term.Double locked also refers to the deadlocking system.Are you saying you get this problem form both locked and deadlocked positions.

Javier
11-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Javier

Javier
11-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Please correct any mistakes.

Every time you unlock your car, either at the Driver's door, or at the front passenger door, it locks itself again. A second attempt is successful.

After this second attempt. All the doors are unlocked and the trunk is also unlocked (Guess only if lock in vertical position). This behavior is consistent no matter the position of the trunk lock (but if trunk lock is horizontal, it remain locked, I guess).

If you unlock the car from the trunk (Guess only if not double locked, otherwise, it does not unlock doors). All doors and trunk get unlocked at first attempt without any issues.

You did already debugged and repaired the Trunk hinge harness.

Do this simple checks for me.

1.- When you unlock the car, have someone immediately pushing the trunk button to check if it already unlocked. It has to be accomplished immediately after door knobs pop up, and before the system lock itself again. Was the trunk opened?

2.- Remove fuse F31 under the rear seat, and operate the lock system from the driver's door. (the rest key cylinders are not supposed to work). You may have issues at locking, It's OK, I'm interested in the unlocking behavior.

Javier