PDA

View Full Version : OMG - I just drove the new M5

Bimmer Nut Ed
11-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Awsome, awsome, Awsome.... I can't stop smiling. The instant 500 hp of power, tons of setting on the SMG, even auto mode works very well. But turn off the DSC, put the auto side seat bolsters on medium, take a turn in second, and hang on.......holy cow, controlled fury!

Interceptor
11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Awsome, awsome, Awsome.... I can't stop smiling. The instant 500 hp of power, tons of setting on the SMG, even auto mode works very well. But turn off the DSC, put the auto side seat bolsters on medium, take a turn in second, and hang on.......holy cow, controlled fury!
Man, I envy you! :) It would be at least fair of you to post some clips of you smoking the tyres a bit :)

kyleN20
11-10-2005, 04:33 PM
they just let you drive it, i mean i could go to ernhard, but i doubt they would have one, and if they did, they wouldent let me breath on it, mine dealer dose have a nice m-painted m1 race car, real sweet

romus
11-10-2005, 05:17 PM
have your girl call the dealership to arrange an appointment for you, show up in a suit and ull see if they'll let u or not

Jr ///M5
11-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Ed, the only problem I see when you're out test driving the ///M cars, is that you have the potential of being your own best customer! =)

Sounds like fun! Now where's that 95 large I had laying around?

Jeff N.
11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
dang. juicy!

rnrn
11-10-2005, 11:20 PM
yesterday and it sure looks purdy. Had to call Brandon J and Scott H to let em know that this one doesn't seem nearly as bangled as its current mates do. Was in a dark grey color and just looked so serious on I 94. too much traffic (shich was good for me) otherwise I would never have popped my cherry.

Zeuk in Oz
11-11-2005, 01:38 AM
You lucky bloke !
Now all you need is to drive a chipped 535d twin turbo diesel and compare them - you might be surprised ! ;)
And from a 3 litre 6 no less !

Paul in NZ
11-11-2005, 05:00 AM
even the 530 d is quite impressive

Jose
11-11-2005, 07:23 AM
What about the launch control? Pushes you right back back into your seat !! Didn't like the open road driving sensations too much though, the limits of rear wheel adhesion are so large, it's almost boring if you don't have enough space to play with the car.

On the track though, a skilled drifting instructor showed me what it really could do and how f***-ing awsome the V10 sounds over 7000 rpm with open windows........it's been two weeks and I'm still smiling. Yes, it's better than sex after marriage.

Black 535i
11-11-2005, 08:28 AM
There are only so many times that you can use launch control. The computer keeps track of it somewhere and can void the warranty after too may uses. Also, you can only use it once and then let the tranny and engine cool down for at least an hour I believe. Still a cool feature though.

What about the launch control? Pushes you right back back into your seat !! Didn't like the open road driving sensations too much though, the limits of rear wheel adhesion are so large, it's almost boring if you don't have enough space to play with the car.

On the track though, a skilled drifting instructor showed me what it really could do and how f***-ing awsome the V10 sounds over 7000 rpm with open windows........it's been two weeks and I'm still smiling. Yes, it's better than sex after marriage.