PDA

View Full Version : Smoke ?

ve39
11-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey guys so today i was coming up the mountain it was raining i stoped at the underground parking lot and all this smoke started showing up first out side then after it came from heater in the car.
the smoke didn't smell like some thing was burning but there was a lot of it.
my guess it's smoke from the brakes or some thing elsy hot that that water touched.
did you guys have some thing simular

shogun
11-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the White Smoke Organization, as long a the coolant level remains constant, not too worry, we all have this phenomenon.

It is white smoke when you start the car in cold weather, it comes from the exhaust.
And it can be white smoke from the aircon/heater under certain conditions.
I had this once in an airplane when they started the aircon while still at the terminal. Some people pannicked, others just relaxed and said that is normal. I am not an aircon expert, but as far as I understand that happens when very hot and very humid air hits a cold radiator =temperature differences along with high humidity.
Very seldom, everything must fit for this phenomem.

ve39
11-06-2005, 02:47 AM
shogun about the coolant level in e32 how do i check it i mean in e34 it was easy in e32 the backet near the windshiel and it's all black

Hey guys so today i was coming up the mountain it was raining i stoped at the underground parking lot and all this smoke started showing up first out side then after it came from heater in the car.
the smoke didn't smell like some thing was burning but there was a lot of it.
my guess it's smoke from the brakes or some thing elsy hot that that water touched.
did you guys have some thing simular

shogun
11-06-2005, 03:24 AM
the bottom is milky white and you can see the coolant and the upper and lower markings on it.
http://www.bavauto.com/assets/imglib500/17111719110.jpg

AllGo'n'Show
11-06-2005, 11:44 AM
I wish mine was as white as that picture :(

pickedaname
02-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I know this is old but....
You could possibly try and remove the cap, making sure the car is cold...

AllGo'n'Show
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
over 3 years old.....