PDA

View Full Version : Help with water leak inside car please!

Steve525
11-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Has anyone ever experienced and solved a trickle of water coming down onto the floor on the left side of the centre console, from the area above/behind the heating vent (below knee level)? I am fairly sure it is rainwater as it has no taste and it only appears after heavy spells of rain! Are there any known weak spots? Windscreen has not been replaced during my 4 years of ownership but was replaced by previous owner. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Paul in NZ
11-05-2005, 05:44 PM
sunroof drains????

winfred
11-05-2005, 09:39 PM
comming down the center console? could be a ac drain has popped off they are just behind the carpeted piece that's usually held on with one + screw

grease
11-06-2005, 10:38 AM
water leaks are nasty little beasts. I say use a hose spray it over the windsheild, check for leaks in the front cowl area, check for leaks and around the sunroof. Leave it for a little while and check to see if the is any water. hopefully will better isolate the source, unfortunely this is the only way much cheaper for you to find the leak then paying someone to do it, they do the say with a hose and charge you for it, my guess is probably front cowl area.