PDA

View Full Version : Dash occassionally goes dead.

Bimminator
11-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Has anyone had this issue before? For about a year now every two months or so when I start up the car the dash has no power, none of the gauges work and the highbeams are on. So I do the obvious thing to fix it and slap the top of the consul, sometimes more than once and the power returns. I have been intending to pull the gauges out and look for any loose connections, but thought I would ask for some advice first, does anyone know what wire is likely the problem? Any suggestions would be great, as I would rather not pull it open until I know what I am looking for.

Thanks, Shawn

shogun
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Pull the cluster out. There are all plugs at the rear. Give a good spray with electronic contact spray/cleaner. Do the same with the CCM=check control module. See if that helps.

Bimminator
11-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Pull the cluster out. There are all plugs at the rear. Give a good spray with electronic contact spray/cleaner. Do the same with the CCM=check control module. See if that helps.
Thanks Shogun, I'll try that, just needed a point in right direction.

Qube
11-05-2005, 12:35 AM
I just give her a good 'tap' on the head like you do. Can't be bothered to take out the dash just yet... maybe when a bulb burns out.