PDA

View Full Version : Strange intermittant hesitation on 530i during acceleration...any ideas please

bimerguycw
10-28-2005, 06:08 PM
My 95 530i that I've had a few months has a strange hesitation at very infrequent times during an accleration while cruising or especially during strat-off at traffic lights. It's a little scary when turning out into traffic if it happens then and it does. It's pretty inconsistant and infrequent though.

It's symptoms are a sputtering/bogging-down type hestitation for several seconds or at a certain throttle position it seems. I typically just try pumping the throttle for the 2-3 sec duration and it may usually gets better and accelerates normally.

Also, I noticed that if I just let the hes****tion continue it will get better after several seconds on its own without pumping the pedal.

I've checked the TPS and ICV per the Bentley and okay except the TPS seems to have an resistance gap near the end of the full rotation which I'm pretty sure my pedal is not at this point when this is happening as I'm usually only moderately accelerating at the time of the hesitation.

xtmsports
10-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Its the fuel pump. Time for a new one anyways. BMA autoparts = $215. Rock solid deal!

My 95 530i that I've had a few months has a strange hesitation at very infrequent times during an accleration while cruising or especially during strat-off at traffic lights. It's a little scary when turning out into traffic if it happens then and it does. It's pretty inconsistant and infrequent though.

It's symptoms are a sputtering/bogging-down type hestitation for several seconds or at a certain throttle position it seems. I typically just try pumping the throttle for the 2-3 sec duration and it may usually gets better and accelerates normally.

Also, I noticed that if I just let the hes****tion continue it will get better after several seconds on its own without pumping the pedal.

I've checked the TPS and ICV per the Bentley and okay except the TPS seems to have an resistance gap near the end of the full rotation which I'm pretty sure my pedal is not at this point when this is happening as I'm usually only moderately accelerating at the time of the hesitation.

632 Regal
10-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Bmrcity dude, I had this deal goin on after I bought my 530.

i did a bunch of basic crap and ended up being the plug wires...to go backwards replace the wires, then injectors then coilpacks...

first thing to really do studying on is the intake system, my intake boot also had a leak but the wires were the final fix.

bimerguycw
10-30-2005, 07:16 AM
Your suggestions seem likely, I will look into these.

Where is a good source for the plug wires, injectors, etc.

Interceptor
10-30-2005, 07:33 AM
Its the fuel pump. Time for a new one anyways. BMA autoparts = $215. Rock solid deal!
If his fuel pump is soon to be dead, he shouldn't experience these problems on a full tank.