PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Have A "To Do" List For Spring Like Me?!?!?

Triton540i
01-27-2004, 12:08 PM
:dance: I'm in the process of that "To Do" list for things I need to do to my car for this year. Actually it seems like a wish list, but some of those things are things I need to do. Anybody have those kind of things they need to do to their car? I have a little sample if you are interested...

-Replace Heater Core
-Replace Tires
-Replace Thrust Arms
-Replace Output Shaft Seal (Warranty)
-Get Mounting Bracket for CD player
-Replace Shocks for Hood
-Find Rattle in Rear. (Something Plastic... Driving me NUTS!)
-Flush Brake Lines and Replace Lines With Stainless Steel Brake Lines!
-Replace Bulbs Behind Temp. Selectors.
-Fix Lose Wire to OBC.
-Fix Rear Driver's Side Window. (Needs to go up and down, broken part)
-Replace Rubber Gaskets on Master Brake Cylinder (Upper intake)
-Fix Power Steering leak (Probably Hose)

Then...
-Get Sachs Kit.
-Get Engine and Transmission Performance Chips.
-Get Strut Braces.
-Get an Aftermarket Sub and Amp.
-Upgrade Brake Discs.
-Aftermarket Exhaust System.
-Repaint

Then...
-Supercharger
-NOS
-Twin Turbo Chargers
-Innercooler
-Lasers
-GPS & Nav. Systems
-Tub Kit
-Drag Bar
-Playboy Model For Photo Opts.
-More Lasers...
-Blinking Lights In Front Like Night Rider's Car...
-Smart Computer with Animated Voice Coming From Ash Tray
-Lighted Ground Effects
-Parachute in Trunk
-Seat Massagers with Optional Heat Settings.
-Fuzzy Dice (Blue to match my car)
-Neon License Plate Holder
-Lighted Shifter
-Huge Aluminum Rear Wing
-Even More Lasers...
-James Bond Oil Slick System
-James Bond Rockets
-James Bond "Laser" (Is that too many lasers?)
-Water Wings for swimming.
-Fancy Racing Shoes
-Fancy Racing Pants
-Auto Drive Option (in case I get sleepy)
-Fax Machine
-Copier
-Big Mac Sandwich
-Fuzzy Dice that you can hang on those hooks in the back seat, both sides!

... I think that's about all, maybe I need more lasers?

-Eric

billb
01-27-2004, 12:15 PM
-inspection II
-maybe replace rear rotors
-wash/wax/detail
-trunk net?
-childseat tether anchor (bought it, just need to install)
-align sunroof lid
-drive and enjoy!

AllanS
01-27-2004, 12:58 PM
I've got a 66' tbird sitting out front making rust... I'm planning on pulling the 390 that it has in it now, and buying a Fiberfab Avenger or Azten (Ford GT40 replicars) in bad condition from ebay, and making a hotrod rear engine monster.

For the 535i, everything just sort of works right now so we'll see how it ends up in a few months. I may get my wheels reconditioned, since they're pitting, and I need new pads and rotors so I may go for a 750il brake kit up front with 540 calipers in the back. Oh, and I'm also considering a UUC short shift kit and maybe an m5 clutch.

dternst
01-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Do you have a Pioneer or Alpine Cd Changer? I have three different Pionner mounting brackets I'd be willing to part with.

MicahO
01-27-2004, 02:25 PM
I've got a 66' tbird sitting out front making rust... I'm planning on pulling the 390 that it has in it now, and buying a Fiberfab Avenger or Azten (Ford GT40 replicars) in bad condition from ebay, and making a hotrod rear engine monster.

I've got a '59 Galaxie that needs a tranny - one of my spring/summer car items is to find a new/used/rebuilt tranny and swap it in. Currently has a 3 speed autobox on a big block 352 - same block as your 390..... Might bolt right up? :trooper: :trooper:

--Micah

AllanS
01-27-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure of the transmission's condition- it's a 3 speed auto for sure, but the car hasn't been started in over 10 years. Everything under the body is in surprisingly good condition though, and I suspect the tranny would be fine after a rebuild. I started to pull the engine last summer, but lost interest, and I never encountered any real rust under the hood.

If you want, give me a holler and come look at it- you can just haul it off for free, since I have no use for it.

MicahO
01-27-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure of the transmission's condition- it's a 3 speed auto for sure, but the car hasn't been started in over 10 years. Everything under the body is in surprisingly good condition though, and I suspect the tranny would be fine after a rebuild. I started to pull the engine last summer, but lost interest, and I never encountered any real rust under the hood.

If you want, give me a holler and come look at it- you can just haul it off for free, since I have no use for it.

I will keep this in mind. Probably won't be digging into that project until this place thaaws out, but I'd bet you're in a similar position....

Thanks!

AllanS
01-27-2004, 04:33 PM
yep, seeing as it'll be under 12" of snow come tomorrow afternoon, if the weather reports are correct :)

Mr Project
01-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Well, my list is something like:

Drive axles on '95 VW
3 Electrical issues on '95 VW
Fuel pump on E34
Reset SI lights on E34
Trunk lock actuator for E34
Keyless entry for E34

Then the 'project cars'
Get '65 Corvair convertible running well enough to drive to storage
Get '66 Corvair 4-door out of storage and finish body work
Paint '66 4-door!!

If I make it this far this summer, I'll be quite happy. My wife won't be, but I will be. :)

Triton540i
01-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Pioneer! It's the thin one! E-mail me directly to let me know about price.
-Eric

RobPatt FL-93 525ia@121K
05-02-2004, 02:45 PM
and the a/t chip, and the photo op....
'nuf said.

Bill R.
05-02-2004, 04:26 PM
summer for Nader's little darlings....:)

Well, my list is something like:

Drive axles on '95 VW
3 Electrical issues on '95 VW
Fuel pump on E34
Reset SI lights on E34
Trunk lock actuator for E34
Keyless entry for E34

Then the 'project cars'
Get '65 Corvair convertible running well enough to drive to storage
Get '66 Corvair 4-door out of storage and finish body work
Paint '66 4-door!!

If I make it this far this summer, I'll be quite happy. My wife won't be, but I will be. :)

George M
05-02-2004, 06:18 PM
...just installed a short shifter in my Saturn SC2....removed the VDO instrument cluster and killed a couple of idiot lights and this weekend 3M Windo-welded the dogbone engine mounts...(injected with urethane) to make the driveline a bit more rigid. Also just finished a bit of exhaust and intake work. Hard to believe an old guy like me is getting caught up in the high rev tuner craze but I am....a lot of fun. On the BMW have the valve cover off to safety wire the banjo bolts and just stripped and base coated the V/C in high temp silver (goodbye red) and brushed the logo/bar's. Will be clearcoating the V/C shortly and buttoning it back up. All the roads around my house are being widened so pretty much a mess anyway to take the BMW out. That's the short list...you don't want to see the long one :-)
George