PDA

View Full Version : Electrical/Electronic/HVAC Archive Updated

SRR2
10-04-2005, 11:40 AM
I've been through all 400+ pages of posts and pulled out those that I thought merited posting in the archive. I stopped moving posts with those at the end of July, however you will find a number of posts after that point which were moved there by someone else. As long as I'm maintaining this archive, no threads with posts newer than two months will be moved.

Also, there were some threads posted in September that were prematurely moved to the archive while they were still active. I've moved a number of them back to the main board where they should be available for posting again.

Basically my criteria for including threads in the archive were 1) Solved problems -- posts that posed a problem and reached a solution. 2) Posts that offered information or links to information. I did not include threads that consisted mainly of posters describing unusual mods that were probably not of general interest, or the thousand threads that simply pointed to bmwe34.net for the solution, for example. Those posts are still on the main board of course and can be found by a search. I deliberately avoided including threads that depended on references to information that was obviously transient in nature, such as ebay auctions. I also did not include quite a few posts that might have been valuable but had references to pictures or other resources that were important to the thread, and that were no longer available. This is an important point for anyone posting new threads -- it would be very helpful to the assured longevity of the information here if you would upload your offsite references to the bimmer.info server instead of depending on outside resources to maintain the information. Lastly and not surprisingly, there are quite a few threads that consist of FAQs. I may be guilty of duplicating information in archived posts, but I tried to pick the best threads on given subjects.

Feel free to browse what's there. If you believe a post shouldn't be there because of missing/wrong/misleading/outdated information, or that it would be a better fit in one of the other archives, please let me know -- I certainly don't lay claim to Papal Infallibility in deciding what's good and what isn't. If you know of some 'favorite' post on a subject that I didn't include -- and believe me, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if I overlooked something since I reviewed almost 12,000 posts -- please also let me know about that.

Thanks!

infinity5
10-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Thank you :) sounds like you've got it all together.

I think some of the other archivers should alert us of their status thus far.