PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to perform a coolant flush on an e34

Derek A.
10-03-2005, 08:35 PM
I noticed after I replaced all the coolant hoses on my car three weeks ago - the upper radiator hose was leaking a bit - so I loosened it an reposition the clamp. Only problem is I didn't tighten the clamp enough.

Tooling down I 75 I noticed " many the lh rear tire is throwing up a lot of spray - I didn't think the roads were that wet" 1 minute later. "check temperature" the gauge is in the red - upper radiador hose came off an emptied the cooling system

What a pain in the ass. 45 minutes later and a couple of half gallon of water from a nearby 7/11 I was back on the road.

Check those hose clamps !!!

D.-

shogun
10-03-2005, 08:43 PM
http://profs.sci.univr.it/~colombar/images/pamakeface.gif

uscharalph
10-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I noticed after I replaced all the coolant hoses on my car three weeks ago - the upper radiator hose was leaking a bit - so I loosened it an reposition the clamp. Only problem is I didn't tighten the clamp enough.

Tooling down I 75 I noticed " many the lh rear tire is throwing up a lot of spray - I didn't think the roads were that wet" 1 minute later. "check temperature" the gauge is in the red - upper radiador hose came off an emptied the cooling system

What a pain in the ass. 45 minutes later and a couple of half gallon of water from a nearby 7/11 I was back on the road.

Check those hose clamps !!!

D.-
That must've made a little mess. I've never liked that smell.

632 Regal
10-04-2005, 04:37 AM
I can just see Mr Derek running back and forth from the conveienence store with tiny bottles of Avian water in a rush to get to work. Is it running good since?