PDA

View Full Version : 735i light question

ve39
10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
my right side parking lights don't work . the light ball is ok signal works on this side but for some reason back and front parking lights don't work when i turn it on. right side is ok
thx

shogun
10-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Hi ve39,
basically the E32 has the same probs with that as the E34. So first of all, check the fuses, change them even if they seem to be o.k.
Use a mutlimeter and check if there is power on the light cables at the bulb sicket.
Next thing -if that does not bring any result-as usual: soldering LKM, mustard relay.

Also check if the wire connections to the bulb holders are corroded. Sometimes they look nice, but underneath the plastic the core is compeltely oxydized.

ve39
10-03-2005, 08:08 AM
thx alot man i will check it out this week
i'v got this car last week so yeah i guess i should check the fuses first

ve39
10-04-2005, 08:15 AM
i still havn't checked it but i noticed that in the mornings lights work but just when the car is cold. i'm guessing it's some broken wire then

shogun
10-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Maybe you also change the bulbs to new ones, or just switch from the good one to the bad side if the probmoves to the other side.
Check also the contact surface bulb/bulb holder, might be oxydized too. I found a lot of oxydation in the rear licence plate lights. Did not work, alram, cleaned the whole thing with emery paper and it works now w/o prob.

ve39
10-09-2005, 12:15 AM
found something here about my problem, will try it this weekend
http://www.homeofsbc.com/Fixes/Light/light.html

shogun
10-09-2005, 03:18 AM
I just noticed that you wrote:
"that in the mornings lights work but just when the car is cold"

I once read on the German board about this. They installed new bulbs and resoldered the mustard relay and the LKM and then it worked.
Best repair for this is on my page on the link to E32fixes.com.
Good pics and additonal LKM fix.
Use a large magnifying glass if possible when doing that in order to detect all points to be resoldered.
Good Luck

ve39
10-11-2005, 11:19 PM
damn looks 2 complicated are those expencive to buy ?

shogun
10-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Ohh, yes, quite expensive.
Especially the LKM. Check the prices at the online vendors, such as bavauto.com or
autohausaz.com
and I am sure after seeing the prices you will find resoldering not that complicated anymore ;-)

ve39
12-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Well winter came it became darker and i desited to try and fix this problem.
i did not have Soldering gun/iron, Solder or Solder sucker. I have tryed heating a knife on the stove and use it as solder gun, that did not work well so in stead of melting and unmelting solder on master relay i just pushed it all hard with the knife for them to have a connection again. I did not think it would work but it works my lights are working.