PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem

Tcdoe
09-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Been having some starting problems lately. Actually this problem has always been there, but it's been getting worse lately, 3-4 times in the last few weeks, before that maybe once or twice within a year. The starter motor keeps on turning, but the car just doesn't start. Doesn't sputter or anything. On the next try it works again. I think this is related to the fact that I sometimes get a smell of gasoline inside the car, coming from engineroom. Usually the smell only comes after starting the car with a cold engine, but lately i've gotten it while driving (the startup immediately after this time required two tries in a row).

Do you think I have two separate problems, or could this be something like a leaky injector? Or perhaps the distributor cap and rotor?

light
09-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Been having some starting problems lately. Actually this problem has always been there, but it's been getting worse lately, 3-4 times in the last few weeks, before that maybe once or twice within a year. The starter motor keeps on turning, but the car just doesn't start. Doesn't sputter or anything. On the next try it works again. I think this is related to the fact that I sometimes get a smell of gasoline inside the car, coming from engineroom. Usually the smell only comes after starting the car with a cold engine, but lately i've gotten it while driving (the startup immediately after this time required two tries in a row).

Do you think I have two separate problems, or could this be something like a leaky injector? Or perhaps the distributor cap and rotor?
I have the same problem. i you've solved yours please let me know at lightsistems@yahoo.com

632 Regal
09-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Sounds like you might have a leak in the fuel system, check the fuel rail at the injectors and the FP regulator.