PDA

View Full Version : Help, my e32 750iL is beeping at me.

JimProfit
09-19-2005, 10:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently acquired an 1989 750iL. It only has 112,000 miles and is in excellent cosmetic condition. I have owned 2 e30s and 2 e36s, but this is my first big bimmer.

It idles smooth, but it makes an intermittent beeping noise coming from the passenger side. It is hard to tell if it coming from the dash or from under the hood. It doesn't always beep, but when it does beep sometimes the idle dips a bit. While driving, if I go WOT, it sometimes beeps and hesitates for a second. It is not the horn that is beeping, it is a higher pitch noise. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in Hewitt, Texas (near Waco) and there ar no Bimmer shops around here. I am from San Antonio and I used to take my cars to Rhine West. They are excellent. Thanks in advance.

shogun
09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Go to this site
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/e32/
On the top right side there is related links, click that.
There you will find a list of independant BMW service shops and a lot of technical tips and tricks.
And you will meet me there too :D

shogun
09-19-2005, 07:16 PM
I have to add: The 750 has no idle control valve. The idle is controlled by the EML module.
There is a small fan for the E-box on the passenger side in the engine room. But the fan is behind the glovebox compartment.
This fan runs always, but in 2 speeds to control the cooling of the E-box with the expensive control modules. This fan could make the noise. I had that too. Only sometimes but over the time more often till I had to exchange it.

When saying all this, I assume that your car is LHD, or do you have a right hand drive car?

JimProfit
09-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Yes, my 750 is LHD. It was born a California car, but it ended up with me here in Central Texas.