PDA

View Full Version : Front plate delete panel

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Picked the filler panel that allows you to delete the front plate.

It just clips in and makes the front look simple and clean.

Hope I don't get a ticket.

Kalevera
09-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Where do you live? My NC car came with one, but I have to have a front plate in OH. Shucks.

best, whit

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
I think I may be able to get away with it.

There are a lot of cars with no front plates. Corvettes, Etc.

The BMW dealer sells a blank chrome plate with a roundel for the front plate.

But we'll see..some rookie cop may bust me, or worse the annual safety inspection nazis will fail the car because of it.

Alexlind123
09-11-2005, 08:35 PM
My car came with one, i like the look of it without the front plate so i put the front plate in my glovebox. I hope i dont get pulled over for it.

http://servo.postverket.us/alex/IMG_0015.JPG

uscharalph
09-11-2005, 10:57 PM
I'm probably running a bigger risk with my european plate on my California car. My actual plate is RM (Heart Symbol) GOLG

mikell
09-12-2005, 08:25 AM
No front plate is a reason for a traffic stop. In Texas, the law says you must have a front plate. Many drive without, but if a cop wants to check you out, it's his "probable cause" - it's also another charge to put on the ticket if he's pinched you for speeding. I went ahead and reinstalled my plate after the second time I was stopped for this alone.

ericcamaro
09-12-2005, 08:35 AM
ive ran no front plate on my camaro for years in california, the capitol even, in sacramento and got pulled over numerouse times but they never even mentioned me not haveing a front plate, it helps if you have the filler panel so it looks like you dont even have a place for the plate.